Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:11 AM EDT
What zero is the most common/appropriate for irons? I know 100 is common for scopes but what do you guys think for irons? Also, on troys, does the "Right" symbol on the windage mean the poi moves right or the rear aperture moves right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What zero is the most common/appropriate for irons? I know 100 is common for scopes but what do you guys think for irons? Also, on troys, does the "Right" symbol on the windage mean the poi moves right or the rear aperture moves right?

I zero my irons at 50 yards.

I do believe right moves POI right. Maybe someone else can confirm this. Been a while since I zero'd my irons.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#2]
you got it  correct and I also go 50 for irons
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Pretty sure aperture movement and poi movement are in the same direction, ie if you want the poi to move right, the aperture needs to move right. So I guess you could say it means both.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#4]
What does 1 click equal? Say you are 4" from bullseye to the right.  Four clicks right ought to get you on?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What does 1 click equal? Say you are 4" from bullseye to the right.  Four clicks right ought to get you on?

It's something like 1/2 or 3/4 MOA I think.

I have been zeroing my irons at about 300yds. I can then aim dead on out to 400ish. I think it is refereed to as improved battle sight zero. COuld be worng, been a while since I've looked into it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top