Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:56:15 AM EDT
Found an old A1 upper (no forward assist or shell deflector) in my storage and was wondering what it might be worth.  I may want to sell it but not sure at this time.  May build a retro.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I had storage like you do.
Need more details, is this a stripper upper receiver only? Complete upper? Barrel made by who? twist rate? length" charging handle? BCG? Forge marks?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry...didn't give all info...brain fart.

It's an upper receiver with no barrel. no dust cover.  Has the A1 sight adjustment and sights.  No charging handle or bolt group.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
80 to 150? Depending on brand condition etc.... Can you post a pic or some more info?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Does it have a standard size or big pin hole at the front?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#5]
build an Izzy clone
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been looking for one just like that and just recently (last two weeks) bought an identical Colt upper for $85.00. I thought it was a decent deal. It is a 9mm and the seller said it could be easily converted to .223/5.56. Well it can be converted to .223/5.56 but not EASILY. I would say $85 to $100 shipped is about right....<><....:)
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
That upper is pre-A1 if it has no fwd assist.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
could also be an SP1 upper, which would mean large hinge pin that most people can't readily use.....or it could be a DPMS, they had them for sale for years, but seemed to drop them a little after the Freedom Group purchase.  the OP just hasn't given enough info about what he actually has to make a good determination.

advntrjnky

Quoted:
That upper is pre-A1 if it has no fwd assist.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Many different things it could be. It could be a 601 receiver (no rear sight markings on the receiver), a 602 receiver (rear sight markings on receiver, but are engraved/stamped), a 604 receiver (rear sight markings are raised like most A1 receivers), could be a SP1 receiver (front lug is larger than the rear), or if you are really lucky it could be a 605 receiver (has a bump where the forward assist should be, looks like forward assist was shaved off). Is it straight forged above the port door or round forged? The bottom edge of the port door line up with contours of the lower receiver, or not? All of these are factors in the value of the receiver in question.

My main point point being, without pictures it is hard to tell what you have.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top