Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2012 7:04:12 PM EDT
Anyone with an LMT standard rifle and if so how is the fit and finish?  How are the uppers alone and any problems with quality control if not tell me about any good range time with them.  I want info from people who run them hard in a three day carbine class.  How are the BCG and are they easy to find right now?

Thx
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT is among the best IMO.

I thought about picking up a couple of 'panic' lowers and they are scarce; just like the last panic LMT website says approx. 20 week lead time.

If you search you might find a post/pix where someone ran 10k rnds through one w/o cleaning.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]

My LMT Defender 16" carbine with my mods, KAC M4 RAS rails, KAC VFG, Surefire light, Magpul trigger guard, MIAD grip, CTR stock, Troy folding rear BUIS, Aimpoint and Vickers VCAS two point sling.

The first reliability improvement I did to my carbine was I upgraded to the LMT M16 full auto BCG, LMT H buffer, and BCM extractor spring uprade kit (I didn't use the O-ring), I fire it sometimes up to 4 magdumps and bumpfire it without any FTF, I don't use it very hard but they're good to go from the consensus of members that owns them.

LMT BCG are mostly back ordered and you might have to look around hard and maybe wait until they're back in stock.

Here's the thread link of the member who ran his LMT hard with 10K rounds without cleaning, nice custom finish also.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/564927__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Why_I_like_my_LMT___.html&page=1

Ref:

BCM Extractor Spring Uprade Kit - link

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the best made ARs
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of my AR's are Colt's but I have a few LMT's as well.
They run very well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link, Alpha-Romeo3...I couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You can't go wrong with any LMT product.

Fit and finish is usually excellent to perfect.  I have seen more than one thin front sight wing casting, which CS took care of free of charge.

They'll tolerate any punishment you can dish out, and as has been mentioned, BCGs are way back ordered.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got an LMT built 14.5" upper with a perm flash hider, standard front sight, and a standard semi LMT bolt carrier group.

It runs like a top, looks great, and was assembled perfectly. It compares favorably on the bench or on the range with a Colt 6920.

I'm perfectly happy with it, but would be equally happy with a Daniel Defense or BCM built upper.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
1.25 MOA groups with my handloads at 100 yd with 16" M4 upper.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I did get my LMT upper from Rainier Arms today and it is very nice.  I bought from Rainier because they throw in standard hand guards and charging handle with their stripped uppers.  I have a brand new LMT lower with LEO markings that I purchased back in 2008 and forgot all about it until a week ago.  I was looking at other uppers such as Daniel and BCM but decided I wanted a match set.  I do have a LMT FA carrier group to go with the upper now just need a BUIS.  I am a Colt guy but wanted to try out something different since I have an LMT lower.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
LMT rifle complete and shoots great.

Rifle is a 16" standard upper with a LMT FA carrier group.  I was going to change out the extractor spring for a Colt green heavy duty spring but it appears it has a heavy spring.  I did remove the O ring since I have found in the past it causes issues because it has too much tension. I upgraded the lower with a H2 buffer, Magpul trigger guard and BCM Gunfighter grip.  The fit and finish are excellent but at this time I will leave the standard hand guards and stock as is.  I have other rifles with rails and Moe hand guard and just like the simple look.  Oh yes I did add a Troy folding BUIS and like how the rifle is nice and light.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Pics of new LMT?

Here's mine made in 2007.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top