Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2012 10:52:46 AM EDT
In searching for a BCG for a build, I'm finding that they are next to impossible to find at a reasonable price. Rainier Arms lists a Young Mfg Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group for $155 & $170 (semi & auto configurations).

Does anyone have experience with the Young Mfg Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group and what is your opinion of them?
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]
J.P. Enterprises is BETTER!
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Young GTG
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Young is GTG, and you can also get them direct.  But BCG's are easy to find.  I know a place that hasnt been out of stock yet.  I hate to give away my secret, but try here:  http://core15.com/products/parts/upper-parts/bcgs-a-charging-handles.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=116&category_id=23

They also have a NiB for $170.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have experience with the Young Mfg Phosphate Bolt Carrier Group and what is your opinion of them?
I have one, wanted chrome but they were out, so went Phosphate, works great. Got it from Rainier. I have 3 YM BCG's, all going strong
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 5 ym bcgs and they are all gtg

3x standard
1x lw
1x nm

All chrome I also am about 20 min from his shop. I like to keep money local if I can help it and it's good quality.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone. It's good to know that Young Mfg makes a good BCG. Based on your feedback, I've ordered one from Rainier and hope to have it later this week. I'll be using it in a CMMG upper on a Stag Arms lower.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
BCGs aren't hard to find. PK Firearms has consistently had them in stock every time one of these threads comes up.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/Bolt_Assemblies/26/c
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top