Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:32:33 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with the Green Mountain AR-15 barrels?  I have built several lowers but I'm looking to build my first upper and have had trouble finding a decent economy barrel.  I'm not looking to build a tack driver but to assemble a basic AR shooter using non-exotic parts.  The Green Mountain barrels seem to have a respectable reputation but my research also shows a few detractors. I'm seeking some first hand experience from AR15.com members and contributors.  Most of the recent threads did not report much on performance or overall quality.

I've found a supplier with the Green Mountain GM-M4 16" 5.56mm NATO 1:8 Twist, with extension, chrome lined bore and chamber, 41V50 vanadium steel, uses a .750 gas block for $139.95.

Link Posted: 8/28/2012 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with the Green Mountain AR-15 barrels?  I have built several lowers but I'm looking to build my first upper and have had trouble finding a decent economy barrel.  I'm not looking to build a tack driver but to assemble a basic AR shooter using non-exotic parts.  The Green Mountain barrels seem to have a respectable reputation but my research also shows a few detractors. I'm seeking some first hand experience from AR15.com members and contributors.  Most of the recent threads did not report much on performance or overall quality.

I've found a supplier with the Green Mountain GM-M4 16" 5.56mm NATO 1:8 Twist, with extension, chrome lined bore and chamber, 41V50 vanadium steel, uses a .750 gas block for $139.95.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXBBplFATnfP2k93q1UlUtt2HRcnvF3VHkeMi6Bdcve7AjtAgV

I have never tried a GM AR barrel, but I have used their AK barrels before. Their AK barrels are the nicest and most accurate of the US-made ones that I have owned. I have read reviews about the GM AR barrels before, and all provided positive feedback. For such a low price, you really don't have much to lose by trying one out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
No experiance with their Centerfire barrels but they make a very nice 10/22 barrel for the price
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought their 1/7 A2:

I almost balked because they charged state tax and fairly high shipping - getting it nudged near $200....   Quality is excellent. Crisp machining. No garish hacked-in lettering.  Nice target crown. No burrs inside around gas port. Chamber finish A+. Perfect head space. About 200 rounds through it and it is about 1.5 moa at 100 meters with black hills 77gr, but I'm just getting started with it - I see sub moa potential.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used their 1022 barrel and it's a good shooter.  I suspect their .223 barrel ought to be good as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one of their A1 barrels cut to 16", is working pretty well for me so far.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top