Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2012 3:00:48 PM EDT
I've grown curious to try out one of these aftermarket buffer springs that I see several praise. I'm currently deciding between the Tubb spring and the Sprinco Blue spring. Any personal experiences with either of these? Anyone tried both of them?
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your reasoning for wanting to try one?

I only ask because I now have the Sprinco Red Spring(heavier than blue). I got it for my 16" carbine, which is over gassed and ejects at about 2-3 o'clock, thinking it might change where the spent casings landed. It made no difference at all. It still ejects at the same location and recoil feels the same. Now, I shouldn't have to change the spring for some time due to their life cycle, but it didn't change anything. I also got the 5 coil extractor spring it that matters at all. They are both more or less upgrades but didn't change the way the rifle functions. Just reliability upgrades.

FWIW, I already had a full auto BCG and ST-T2 buffer in the rifle before I tried the Sprinco upgrades.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Reliability for one. I've also read several say their ARs shoot smoother with the Tubb or Sprinco springs instead of the standard mil-spec springs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been running the superior shooting systems flat wire recoil spring. My A2 functioned fine without it and runs fine after maybe 3K with it. I got it specifically for the longevity.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Reliability for one. I've also read several say their ARs shoot smoother with the Tubb or Sprinco springs instead of the standard mil-spec springs.

If that is the case you can't go wrong with either. Just don't expect the rifle to feel any different than it does now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Its really a system, Carrier,and buffer weight, gas system length and flow, Ammo. It all can be tuned. I recommend having several springs and buffers at minimum to tune everything into harmony.

I have 2 different springs. stock and red.

and 3 buffers. Stock, ST-T2 and a Colt Steel 9mm buffer.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I just spent awhile speaking on the phone to one of the guys at Sprinco and he's saying their blue spring with an H2 buffer will be the best combo in my 14.5" and 16" middies. And that their white spring with an H2 buffer will be the best combo in my 11.5" carbine.

He was inquiring about who was the barrel manufacturer and such for each rifle. I may have to take his word for it and go the Sprinco route.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone that's run/running Sprinco springs care to share what combination/setup you were running?
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used the tubb flat wire extra power spring in a m16 to increase rate of fire. Increased to about 950rpm!
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone that's run/running Sprinco springs care to share what combination/setup you were running?

I have two Colt 14.5 SOCOM barreled carbines. Both have Sprinco blue springs and H2 buffers. The gas ports are .063
No malfs with either carbine and between the two have over 6000 rounds of M193, M855 and MK318 Mod O. 5000+ on one and 1000 on the other
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
DDM4 16" Carbine - Blue Sprinco Buffer Spring - DD 4.1 oz. Tungston filled Buffer - (sprinco enhanced extractor spring, too). Runs like a freakin' Swiss watch. ZERO malfunctions to date (after a few thousand rounds). Easy brass pick-up as well since they all land in the same spot.

Link Posted: 8/27/2012 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered myself 3 Sprinco blues and 1 Sprinco white...and 3 H2 buffers from BCM as well - at least I already had 1 laying around.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top