Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2012 4:58:46 PM EDT
I got an LEO marked carbine in used. It has a canadian marked upper 1/7 Barrel.

I noticed pretty high $$$$ on LEOs on GB.

What is a fair value. It is in like new condition.

Not wanting to sell... but is it rare?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Not rare, they made thousands and thousands of 'em for the last eighteen years.

What do you mean by Canadian upper?  Diemaco?

To the right person it'd prolly be worth $1K.  The same thing brand new with M4CARBINE rollmark can be had for under $1K pretty easily.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Those auctions you see are only put up by stupid people that wish they were rare, and are hoping to take advantage of dumbasses that think they are rare.  The people that buy them for those inflated prices are even more stupid for paying extra for them.  They will never be collectible or go up in value because they are nothing but a mass produced firearm.

Funny story, a kid was recently selling a rig locally and was going on and on about the LE rollmark being a limited edition.  He told me wanted $1350 for his rifle.  I looked on-line and found everything on his rifle, and it turns out I could build his rifle, after buying a 6920 and only spend $1320 for brand new parts.  I told him since he had $1320 worth of new rifle, I would give him between 75 and 80% of "value" so I would settle at $1K.  He went on and on about the LE rollmarks and the only one he could find was some auction, that nobody had bid on by the way, and they were asking $1400.  I pointed out that anybody can ask what they want, nobody had bid on that rifle, and even if they had it was brand new still in the wrap, still in the box.  His was used with about 500 rounds through it, according to his ad, and that I had already accounted for the roll marks.  Otherwise, I would have offered him closer to 75% of the equation, and offered $950.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
In never liked that rollmark and the LEO language in the first place. I like the new 6920 rollmark MUCH better
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the so called "Restricted" LEO roll mark....not sure as far as roll marks go if I like it or like the standard M4 roll mark...think I like the M4 better. So consider the "Restricted " roll mark is collectible since Colt no longer does this anymore. Collectible is based on what people want....who now what the "Restricted" roll mark will turn into years from now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the so called "Restricted" LEO roll mark....not sure as far as roll marks go if I like it or like the standard M4 roll mark...think I like the M4 better. So consider the "Restricted " roll mark is collectible since Colt no longer does this anymore. Collectible is based on what people want....who now what the "Restricted" roll mark will turn into years from now.

I bet a whole lot of people would feel stupid if COLT started rollmarking them as such again, due to customer request.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 2:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Much thanks.
I saw a couple on GB that were near $2K.

I will toss in the safe.... who knows, mayne in ten years it will be worth $1300.00 LOL!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Much thanks.

I saw a couple on GB that were near $2K.

I will toss in the safe.... who knows, mayne in ten years it will be worth $1300.00 LOL!

Thanks.
Don't banish the poor rifle to the safe, take her out and feed her on a regular basis. Run her hard and wet.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top