Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2012 2:12:02 PM EDT
Was looking at different trigger upgrades. 1. I like wilson stuff. 2. I like being able to remove my trigger group as a simple group and clean, inspect, etc. Any one have this or any ideas on this?
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Wilson 2 Stage in my 6.5 Grendel and it's a fantastic trigger.  Worth every penny.

Link Posted: 5/12/2012 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Have one in my A4 build, highly recommended
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the TTU-3G...superb!!! I think it’s better than my all three of my Geissele's...SD3G, SSA, & SACR. But all are fantastic tiggers!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got all WC triggers in my ARs (yeah - well over $1,500 in triggers, lol) They kick a lot of ass.  I'm a BIG fan, as I am of their 1911's.

The new 3G is pretty killer - so is the 2 Stg and the Single Stg!
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the TTU and it is impressive.  I will have a Geissele SSA-E soon to compare it to and my feedback will hold more water since right now I can only say it is better than my RR 2 stage, Spikes NiB, and GI triggers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the TTU and it is impressive.  I will have a Geissele SSA-E soon to compare it to and my feedback will hold more water since right now I can only say it is better than my RR 2 stage, Spikes NiB, and GI triggers.

Definitely post up, I have a TTU and a SSA-E and I find that the wilson is crisp as a cracker whereas the SSA-E on the break has a bit of extra play before the snap that I am not crazy about for accuracy hits.

the Wilson is definitely the BMW
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the TTU-3G...superb!!! I think it’s better than my all three of my Geissele's...SD3G, SSA, & SACR. But all are fantastic tiggers!!!

How does the WC 3G compare to the SD3G. I've been pretty disappointed by the S3G so I wonder how the TTU-3G measures up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't want to start a pissing match here, as the Geissele triggers are freaking great triggers, but the thing with a drop in trigger is that it is consistent, no matter what lower you use.  Think about the physics/mechanics of a captured/closed system.  There are slight trigger pin-hole differences, potential pin movement and possible pin wear hole wear on each lower - NONE of which are factors with a drop-in such as the WC trigger.  It breaks the same as WC designed it to in the factory, every single time, in any rifle.  Consistent, insanely crisp breaks.  But yeah, pricey as hell.  However, ZERO need for KNS pins, so take $25 or whatever off the cost of a no drop-in trigger.  

The 3G is very light and fast - incredibly light and fast.  
The 2 Stg is very precise and predictable - excellent for my precision guns.  
The Single Stg TTU is the most insane break you'll ever feel, but slightly heavy at 5.5lbs.  Wish these were around 4.5lbs (the very first SS TTUs were around 4lbs, but got a little heavier with the redesign.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does the WC 3G compare to the SD3G. I've been pretty disappointed by the S3G so I wonder how the TTU-3G measures up.

The Wilson TTU-3G has a slightly heavier (1/4 - 1/2 lbs) pull but is easily made up elsewhere with other positive attributes. The comfort of the trigger is great...and when I say "comfort", I’m referring to the predictability. The trigger breaks so crisp, in the same position, and has such a quick reset for follow ups it gives you a sense of comfort knowing the trigger is right where you left it ready for another squeeze. It’s like driving a high performance sports car...the steering is so great you feel as if you have full control at increased rates of speed. The same goes for this trigger in a rifle.

The SD3G took some getting used to. The trigger being just slightly lighter made follow ups come before anticipated, resulting in inaccuracy. The break doesn't feel as crisp...so a little loss of that comfort/control, but is still always in the same position for another squeeze; great reset. This trigger just feels a little bit cheaper than the TTU-3G. The SD3G is a blast to shoot un-controlled fire, but the TTU is perfect for accurate, Hi-rate of fire shooting. But don't get me wrong, the SD3G is an outstanding trigger, but falls second.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 5:00:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guys,
Thanks for the kind words! We have worked hard to make the TTU a durable, drop in, fantastic trigger, and its good to know that it is making customers happy. Brahmzy, if you have a Single Stage TTU that has a trigger pull in the 5.5lb range, then you have the Mil/LE version. The standard single stage TTU is still a 4lb range trigger. We list all 4 models and their specs Here

We just got finished shooting some video with Larry Vickers for TacTV, and the Mil/LE version is his personal favorite....

IM sent.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guys,
Thanks for the kind words! We have worked hard to make the TTU a durable, drop in, fantastic trigger, and its good to know that it is making customers happy. Brahmzy, if you have a Single Stage TTU that has a trigger pull in the 5.5lb range, then you have the Mil/LE version. The standard single stage TTU is still a 4lb range trigger. We list all 4 models and their specs Here

We just got finished shooting some video with Larry Vickers for TacTV, and the Mil/LE version is his personal favorite....

Ha ha ... you need to work harder at maintaining stock.  The link you provided shows 'out of stock' on the trigger in question.

Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I have one of their single stage triggers in my M4A1 build and I love it

http://youtu.be/PQMHi6Q-oNE

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Love mine

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have the Wilson 2 Stage in my 6.5 Grendel and it's a fantastic trigger.  Worth every penny.  

Same here.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top