Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2012 4:58:38 PM EDT
Well, I just found out my Stag is in.  I hope to pick it up tomorrow.  Here is what i added to the AR:

Grip Pod Bipod
Eagle Tac II Light
3 rails from V-RS
Magpul sling adapters (front and rear)
Magpul sling
MI Flip Up Front/Rear BUIS

Also bought a couple of PMAGs.

The next thing I want to pick up is an EOTECH (either the 512 or the 517).  Then I want to get the magnifier.  I like the ideal of flipping the magnifier out of the way if it is not needed.  I had the EOTECH and ACOG in Irag.  For longer range, shots the ACOG is best.  Up close and personal the ACOG is blurry.  The EOTECH worked just fine as long as the shots were under 300 yards.  It worked really well up close.  I may go with the XPS 3-4  I want to become proficient with the Iron Sights first.  I am sure I will have not problem with the Iron Sights after 30 years in the Military.  Keep you posted.  I will put up pictures when I pick up the Stag.

Well here is the Mode 3:

http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/bfwhite/DSC00183.jpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Purchase!!!

I picked up the model 1 recently and have loved it so far. It is my first black rifle though, so not much to compare to. Next step is to get an Aimpoint and Troy Rail on her.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t422/dwagner89/gunpics004.jpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle! Your going to love it. Stag makes great rifles, have had mine for a week and love it. I can't say for either acog or eotech, but I have an Aimpoint clone on mine and I love it. (primary arms)

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp102/todoubled05/01b53d60.jpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
dwagner, nice rifle but it is not a Black Rifle.  It's two tone.  I thought about going the two tone route but ultimately decided to stay Ninja.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Marshmellow, how is the aimpoint using both eyes open and still being able to use the red dot?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Need pictures!

I love my Stags.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys are killing me with the pictures.  I know it is only one more day until I have my hands on the AR but I can not wait.  I feel like a kid the night before Christmas.  It is suppose to rain tomorrow and I will be at the range anyway.  I just found out my rails are not in yet but I am picking up the AR tomorrow.  I will put the rails on when they come in.  The dealer order them after the AR.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Marshmellow, how is the aimpoint using both eyes open and still being able to use the red dot?

Works great, in the owners manual it says to keep both eyes open and focus on target. I'll be testing it at 100 yards this weekend to see how it's does.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I know what you feel like. I ordered mine on line from kylesgunshop. Deff will do more business with them in the future. I got the gun in 4 days but it seemed like an eternity. Stay strong my friend, stay strong. lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are killing me with the pictures.

You asked for it...

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#11]
^^ You sir, have an addiction.  (I wish I could afford the same problem ) Its all I can do to save for an optic and free float rail.

Do you prefer the FSB co witness with your Aimpoints, or no witness with the flip ups?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Stag in Piston Flavor  (Model 8)

Link Posted: 4/24/2012 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]

model 6 with magpul and timney goodies.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
^^ You sir, have an addiction.  (I wish I could afford the same problem ) Its all I can do to save for an optic and free float rail.

Do you prefer the FSB co witness with your Aimpoints, or no witness with the flip ups?

I have to warn you, the disease is highly contagious.

I only have one Aimpoint, a CompM2 that I moved to another rifle. The ones on the Stags are actually Primary Arms M3 and M4 red dot/multi-reticule optics and a Vortex Strikefire. I just couldn't put out $500-1000 for optics for every rifle in the safe. I splurged with the Aimpoint, five Eotechs and an ACOG with Docter. After that, I decided I needed to go cheaper if I wanted an optic on every rifle.

For the money, it's hard to beat the PAs. They hold zero well, run reliably and function as well as I need them to. Are they Aimpoint/Eotech quality? Probably not, but they feel to me like 80% for 10% of the price. Like my Stags, I do not feel any reluctance to pick them up in an emergency versus rooting around for the "best" gun/optic.

I personally really prefer the flip-ups, as much for aesthetic reasons as for function. These two Stags and a Bushmaster are the only rifles I have that actually have FSPs. The FSP does not particularly bother me when looking through the optics, but you can see them and I prefer not to. Besides, chicks dig folding sights. With the mounts I run, I am using lower 1/3 co-witness for the most part. The only exceptions are for my POFs, which I run low risers which give me an absolute co-witness. I would prefer lower 1/3, but with the high rails on the POFs the low riser gives me a more conventional head position with my normal cheekweld. I suppose I could run micro sights, but the Troys which I like best for micro sights will probably run me another $200 for each POF. Since I already had sights, I really didn't want to put out more money just to get lower sights. I like the lower 1/3 because if I need to line up I can move my head and get a co-witness, but if I am running with BUIS up it reduces clutter in my field of view.

By the way, the Sig red dot is another great deal for a budget optic that works great - I got 7 of them for $100 apiece from a local gun store that had them on special. They are parallax free and come with killflashes ($20 more from PA - I have four of their micro red dots and they run $180ish with killflash and AR medium height riser). I run them without risers on some non-ARs like my Sig556, FS2000 and PS90, but you can get decent risers for less than $10 (I like the UTGs).
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
See the original post with the picture of the Stag Model 3 I picked up yesterday.  Still have to get the rails and add the grip pod and Eagle Tac light.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top