Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2012 3:48:53 PM EDT
So right now I'm at a crossroads of which way to go with some funds.  I'd been eye balling an aimpoint red dot, like the m3s or a t-1 and I'm at the part where I could go ahead and make the purchase comfortably, but in the meantime I've also started a second build.  Right now I have a Spikes lower assembled minus the stock.

I'm debating on wether to use the money to finish the build and have a second AR or buy the red dot for my exising AR.  If I finish the AR it will be DI since my existing one is piston, I'm looking at picking up a stripped upper, chrome BCG, and probably a middy 16" barrel with low profile gas block, although I've not settled on what barrel to get yet.  So I'd still need BUIS and a free float.

Opinions? Thoughts?  Eventually both will get done, I guess it's more of that satisfaction you get right away from one or the other.  Persuade me to do one or the other  

And I do already have ammo stocked up and a .22lr conversion for additional practice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
get both
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
2 is 1, 1 is none.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you proficient with Irons on the first rifle yet? If not, I say finish the build.

If you are, I say Optic.

However, the first reply to this thread is the best option

ETA: Spelling
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
optic

what's the point of having two if you can't aim or hit anything with either of them
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sell the piston, buy the Aimpoint and finish the DI AR15.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Optic. You'll enjoy one complete rifle versus two that differ very little.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking at it from a teotwawki scenario having a second rifle would be better. If not get the optic. I have a Comp M4, PRO, and I just bought a T-1 for my wife. If I were you I would get the T-1, it is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Optic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
So many mixed reviews in this thread

I am ok with my irons, I get 2" groups at 25 yds, ~4" at 50, and I haven't tried beyond that. If I need to tighten them up more with irons I am ok with that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Finish the other AR and save your coin for a optic.  I'm kinda in the same boat right now.  I'm trying to justify buying  a Aimpoint or Eotech, but my guns are fun guns, so it's not easy justifiying a $500 optic.  I'm on #4 right now:

1-4x scope on one that I love.... IMO the perfect midrange option for this style rifle.
Open sights on one... Just for practicing irons.
One that is ready for a Aimpoint or Eotech
The .22 dedicated has flip up irons and a cheap red dot.  

So, I'm saving the duckets right now.  Either going to go to a Geiselle SSA for the new Carbine or a RDS for the same gun.

The correct answer is BOTH!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I gotta say though, my current AR is kind of a pig, it weights in at 8 lbs and is real front heavy, so I am wanting to build a second one lighter hopefully, with a lighter barrel and more balanced.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet.  Go for it.  You can never have too many AR's!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top