Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2012 9:20:12 AM EDT
Hello all!  I'm currently looking at the MP 15 carbines but I have a few questions regarding the specs. So....do they have:

Chromed bore,chamber, gas key and carrier?
"F" marked FSB?
Parked under FSB?
M-16 BCG?
mp tested barrel and bolt?
Staked castle nut?

Also, what are some of the reviews on them?  Thanks guys!

Pete.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
As much as I dislike "the chart" it will answer your question

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The sport model has different specs just FYI
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the quick responses gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As much as I dislike "the chart" it will answer your question

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/TheMercenary556/m4chart.png

Where can one find the actual excel file, txt is too tiny for tired eyes...LoL

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hello all!  I'm currently looking at the MP 15 carbines but I have a few questions regarding the specs. So....do they have:

Chromed bore,chamber, gas key and carrier? yes
"F" marked FSB? yes
Parked under FSB? not sure, "the CHART" says it is
M-16 BCG? no
mp tested barrel and bolt? yes on the bolt, not sure about the barrel. barrel's not marked MP
Staked castle nut? yes

Also, what are some of the reviews on them?  Thanks guys!

Pete.

This was the case with mine anyway. M&P15A bought back in 08. Also has proper gas key staking. Mine has been great for general range use. Fit and finish is excellent and never even a hiccup functionally. I don't run it that hard though, so take it FWIW.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
my m&p15t has a 1/8 barrel twist. so idk how right that chart is, could be outdated
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The M&P15 is a great, reliable rifle. I've owned one for about a year and have run about 2500 rounds through it with no problems. I'd trust mine with my life in a SHTF scenario.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#9]
my M&P has been great. 3 years, about 1500 rounds. More accurate than i expected out of a CL bore.

Chromed bore,chamber, gas key and carrier? Chromoe bore yes, not sure about the other 2.
"F" marked FSB? yes
Parked under FSB? no
M-16 BCG? no
mp tested barrel and bolt? yes
Staked castle nut? yes
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
my M&P has been great. 3 years, about 1500 rounds. More accurate than i expected out of a CL bore.

Chromed bore,chamber, gas key and carrier? Chromoe bore yes, not sure about the other 2.
"F" marked FSB? yes
Parked under FSB? no
M-16 BCG? no
mp tested barrel and bolt? yes
Staked castle nut? yes

I've got about the same time, lots more rounds through it though. I definitely agree about the accuracy. My ORC model is extremely accurate. With the right handloads it'll do .8moa reliably if I do my part. That's a heck of a lot better than I expected from a mass produced chrome lined AR.
The carrier is chrome lined where the bolt moves, no idea about the gas key. The BCG is the semi auto style, but very good quality. I haven't pulled my gas block so no idea if it's parked under there. As the ORC model it's not an FSB but I imagine if they don't park under those it's probably not parked under mine either.

I love mine, it's a very well made, accurate and reliable AR. The only issue I had with mine was the need to replace the gas rings after a couple thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had mine since October 2009, and I've had no failures that weren't ammo related.  The only thing I feed the rifle is cheap steel cased Tula ammo from Cabelas.  I've shot the barrel white on a few occasions, its been to two law enforcement courses.

9,000 to 11,000 rounds through it.

It is by far my most reliable and tested AR I own.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The thing to remember when asking about the M&P specs.....there is at least two generations...not sure if this is the right term. The current models are not the same specs of models from 2 years ago(?). Example––the current tactical model is not the same as the "old" tactical model. Different parts and different specs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top