Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2012 9:33:44 AM EDT
HELLO, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING EVERY WHERE THAT I CAN THINK OF FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS FOR EITHER A SLICKSIDE AR-15 BILLET UPPER/LOWER OR THE COMPLETE AR-15 RIFLE THAT INCLUDES THE SLICKSIDE BILLET/UPPER AND LOWER WITH A 24 INCH BARREL. CAN ANY BODY DIRECT ME TO A PLACE TO FIND THIS TYPE OF A SET UP? THANK YOU. JOHN
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

HELLO, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING EVERY WHERE THAT I CAN THINK OF FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS FOR EITHER A SLICKSIDE AR-15 BILLET UPPER/LOWER OR THE COMPLETE AR-15 RIFLE THAT INCLUDES THE SLICKSIDE BILLET/UPPER AND LOWER WITH A 24 INCH BARREL. CAN ANY BODY DIRECT ME TO A PLACE TO FIND THIS TYPE OF A SET UP? THANK YOU. JOHN

HI JOHN I DON'T KNOW IF ANY AR-15 MANUFACTURER THAT HAS A SLICK SIDE BILLET UPPER AND LOWER COMBINATION, LET ALONE AS A COMPLETE RIFLE WITH A 24 INCH BARREL.

IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT TOGETHER AS A "CUSTOM" CONFIGURATION.  SWEATPANTS

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
RAINIERARMS.COM HAS MEGA BILLET RECEIVERS. ONE OF THE UPPER RECEIVERS IS THE MEGA HEAVY DUTY BILLET UPPER. IT'S SLICKSIDE AND THE PRICE IS RIGHT. MINE SHOULD BE HERE TODAY OR TOMORROW :-)
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
WHY IS EVERYONE TYPING IN "CAPS"?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
WHY IS EVERYBODY YELLING?
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

HI JOHN I DON'T KNOW IF ANY AR-15 MANUFACTURER THAT HAS A SLICK SIDE BILLET UPPER AND LOWER COMBINATION, LET ALONE AS A COMPLETE RIFLE WITH A 24 INCH BARREL.

IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT TOGETHER AS A "CUSTOM" CONFIGURATION.  SWEATPANTS

+1 TO THIS.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Not completely slickside as it does have a shell deflector, but Hera Arms makes one too:

http://www.guns-aws.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/c/hcu_2.jpg

available at: http://store.guns-aws.com/hcu.html

and probably other sellers....

Goes well with the Hera Arms Billet Lowers.... (Made in Germany though, i don´t know if that´s a dealbreaker to you and you´d rather buy US made)

Quentin Defense also has a slick side upper: QD slickside
as well as a slickside, side charging upper: QD slickside side charging upper

Both Billet. Don´t forget to check out their billet lowers, available in multiple colors (i assume their upper are available in these anodizings too)

If i could find them here, i´d snatch up some Quentin Defense stuff. I like their style.

ETA: Quentin Defense also has Sun Devil  Slick side uppers & Lower combos, they´re billet too: Link
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will you guys please stop acting like this every time someone posts in caps.

I for one find it quite funny. I would think it'd be the only acceptable time to do so.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
fulton armory also makes one, as well as dpms..

i also think s&w makes a slick sided upper but complete assembly..
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I used a Sun Devil billet slickside upper and lower recently, and IMO it turned out great. They fit just right, and the finish is very nice.

BTW, the dark spots on the upper are not imperfections, just oil drops.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a sundevil also and really like it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will you guys please stop acting like this every time someone posts in caps.

Everyone wants to get in before the angry penguin busts some caps.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks much for you input, reply and help. i went to rainer and found the parts that you helped me find. so noted and could be the way to proceed. AR15.COM is a great resource. i'am glad to be a part of it. john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks for the link, it always helps, one click and there it is. john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
thanks for the links and great input. photos. i checked it all out and sent them all emails, just waiting to hear from them. good looking products. i love the USA, but, if i need something i buy it. i cannot change who makes what and or where its made. john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks for the input and pictures, i have sent sun devil several emails but, no response, so i called them to talk to them, i tried a few more emails with more questions but, no response. john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks for the links, i checked them out on the internet. john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#20]
sorry for not getting my response attached to each reply, it my first shot at trying to use ar15.com. This is a great web site, very helpful, the members help each other and save a member alot of time looking for stuff.  thanks john
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
sorry for not getting my response attached to each reply, it my first shot at trying to use ar15.com. This is a great web site, very helpful, the members help each other and save a member alot of time looking for stuff.  thanks john

Use the "quote" button at the bottom of whoever's post you want attached
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
thanks much for you input, reply and help. i went to rainer and found the parts that you helped me find. so noted and could be the way to proceed. AR15.COM is a great resource. i'am glad to be a part of it. john

message here

Quoted:
thanks for the link, it always helps, one click and there it is. john

message here
Quoted:
thanks for the links and great input. photos. i checked it all out and sent them all emails, just waiting to hear from them. good looking products. i love the USA, but, if i need something i buy it. i cannot change who makes what and or where its made. john

message here
Quoted:
thanks for the input and pictures, i have sent sun devil several emails but, no response, so i called them to talk to them, i tried a few more emails with more questions but, no response. john

message here
Quoted:
thanks for the links, i checked them out on the internet. john

message here

Quoted:

When replying you don't HAVE to quote or reply to everyone, usually it is ok to just say a broad statement like "thanks for the info! I checked Sun devil and those other sites you linked, no luck at sun devil, but Rainier looks good... I will be following up with them"  Or something to that effect... you only really need to quote specifics if there is something that someone said that you feel you NEED to quote directly.

If you do want to individually address multiple quotes, then what you do is right click on each "quote" button under the persons post... hit "open in new tab"... do that for whichever quote you want to post... then copy/paste them all into one message and in between each just write what you want.

You can click the "quote" button under this post to see what it looks like underneath it all

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
^^ I do wish we had a mass quote feature, on another board I was on forever ago you could click it (simply said "+1" or some shit) and you could compile a bunch of posts into one response post from you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Jeff at Arizona Armory does great work. Have him do a cerakoted billet set for you, it'll blow your mind.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I used a Sun Devil billet slickside upper and lower recently, and IMO it turned out great. They fit just right, and the finish is very nice.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/BD3.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/BD12.jpg

BTW, the dark spots on the upper are not imperfections, just oil drops.

And now I saved a pic of your mags so I can copy you. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]
why do all these billet slickside look a lot thicker than a forge regular upper?  Never understood why it's needed.  This has kept from buying as I want something that is lighter standard forge upper.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for that very helpful information. It looks as though its working. john
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use the "quote" button at the bottom of whoever's post you want attached

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Does Jeff at Arizona Armory build AR-15 Rifles as well? thanks john
Quoted:
Jeff at Arizona Armory does great work. Have him do a cerakoted billet set for you, it'll blow your mind.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top