Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2012 7:13:05 PM EDT
Well christmas finally finished my ar.  I ordered my core15 upper just before christmas and got a few parts on my days off around christmas and new years.  Finished everything up last week or so. Got the core15 upper while it was still 439 and free shipping. Seems to be a smoking deal. 1/8 twist 16" low pro gas block and MI 9" rail. Everything looked great out of box fits great on the spikes lower good staking and the billet charging handle hey offer is included.  Only thing I noticed is it was very dry out of box.  I believe they do use a dry lube in the upper but I still don't think I have ever seen one that dry out of box from other manufacturers?   Lower is a spikes blemish lower and I can't find it lol.  No clue who made parts kit as I had it around already.

Took it out the other day and ran about 60rds through it real quick ran some wolf 223 (oh no).  All worked perfect no feed or eject issues. Nice pile of brass at about the 4-430 position. Running spikes t2 buffer.

Spikes lower
ergo grip
core15 16" upper
MI gen 2 rail
primary arms red dot
Cheap stock from aim
magpul trigger guard
magpul rvg

I just had a afg show up today going to try it out next.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Well christmas finally finished my ar.  I ordered my core15 upper just before christmas and got a few parts on my days off around christmas and new years.  Finished everything up last week or so. Got the core15 upper while it was still 439 and free shipping. Seems to be a smoking deal. 1/8 twist 16" low pro gas block and MI 9" rail. Everything looked great out of box fits great on the spikes lower good staking and the billet charging handle hey offer is included.  Only thing I noticed is it was very dry out of box.  I believe they do use a dry lube in the upper but I still don't think I have ever seen one that dry out of box from other manufacturers?   Lower is a spikes blemish lower and I can't find it lol.  No clue who made parts kit as I had it around already.

Took it out the other day and ran about 60rds through it real quick ran some wolf 223 (oh no).  All worked perfect no feed or eject issues. Nice pile of brass at about the 4-430 position. Running spikes t2 buffer.

Spikes lower
ergo grip
core15 16" upper
MI gen 2 rail
primary arms red dot
Cheap stock from aim
magpul trigger guard
magpul rvg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/shortyhend2004/2012-01-06_21-01-24_99.jpg

looks good welcome aboard
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that core15 deal and almost took it, that was a beyond good deal, that same upper is selling for $769 now

Looks good...let us know how it shoots
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spikes lower
ergo grip
core15 16" upper
MI gen 2 rail
primary arms red dot
Cheap stock from aim
magpul trigger guard
magpul rvg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/shortyhend2004/2012-01-06_21-01-24_99.jpg

looks good welcome aboard

This is ar #4 lol.  I only have the one now tho, between no job last year and trading/ selling the others are gone.  Im not worried good job now and didnt lose the house or cars lol.  

I think this upper is a killer deal so far.  Worked great first time out with wolf. We will see as it get some more ammo through it how it holds up but fit and finish where great out of box so im not worried.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top