Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2012 6:13:21 PM EDT
As the title says, I want know what is the largest bullet (gr) I should use in a WOA SPR Wylde chambered 1/7 barrel? I am going hog hunting in a few weeks and want the heaviest I can get to do as much lethal damage as possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone who knows more can chime in but, I think the magazine is going to be the limiting factor. A 90g SMK is going to be too long.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the 80gr SMKs are about as big as you can go and still have them feed in a mag.

Again, I'm going off what I believe, not what I know from hands on experience.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
A 7 will stabilize anything up to 82 grains, but only a 77 will fit in the mag.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
barnes 70 grain tsx bullet should do what you need.  they shoot great out of my colt 6940
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. I was thinking 77gr SMK, the 70 gr TSX or the 75 gr TAP.

Looks like I'll take the TAP off the list and get whatever is currently cheaper between the other two choices.

I didn't know if there was a limiting safety factor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top