Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2012 3:00:55 PM EDT
If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.  I dont access to a range that shoots further out past 100yards, so I hve to do some guess work here.

Specs on AR;

18" SS WOA 1/7twist, Free floated

Ammo;

Hornady 77gr BTHP Match

With my scope (SWFA SS 3-9 x 42) w/ mil dots,  set at 100yard Zero.

The question;

Where will my rounds be at 200, 300 & 500yards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this hornady custom loads or your own? do you have the velocity at muzzle and BC of the bullet. I can plug it into my ballistics calculator and give you a rough idea...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Its factory ammo. I just got the box, Apparently they have the ballistics posted on it in fine print. lol.

They are using a 200yrd zero though.

100yard =   +1.9"

200yard =   0.0"

300yard =  -8.3" < seriously, this big of a drop?

500yard =   -49.3"

Muzzle 2790

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That must be the same stuff Im using..lol Well out of my 20: Barrel i can tell you its pretty damn close to whats on the box. I to only have a 100 yard range so once I sight in for 100 yards I raise my point of impact up to hit 2 Inches above the bullseye. that puts you around the 1.9" at 100 yards on the box. i know when I had a chance to shoot a coyote at 300 yards across a old corn field I just put the crosshairs a smidge above its back and I drilled it right in the boiler .. so I hit about 8 inches below where I was aiming. Id sayits pretty close to whatthey say give or take a bit depending on your barrel lenght. I dont know if this helped ya at all. Heres what I came up with trying to get a rough estimate from my ballistics calculator.

100-0"
200-3.1"
300-13.8"
400-31.2"
500-61.3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top