Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2012 4:29:28 PM EDT
Ok, I have a Colt 6920 and want to turn it put a rifle length MOE hand guard on it. So, remove front sight, replace with low pro gas block, put new hand guards on, right? So my real question is what would you guys reccomend for a front sight if you were doing this to your rifle?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
that has the stupid M4 cut right?  not sure if youll be able to mount a FSB at the end of that rifle length rail with that.

I would have suggested taking the FSB you remove and doing the set screw mod to it and turning your rifle into a dissy... but i don't know if that M4 cut will interfere with that or not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You should be able to without any problems, Bushmaster has been doing it for years

I would use a clamp on FSB for the front, this will not fuck up your barrel like set screws will, and is reversible.  Just remove the handguard cap and cut down the factory FSB, then add THIS and be done with it.

You can always remove the clamp on FSB in the future and add a quad rail without having barrel blemishes if you choose to.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You should be able to without any problems, Bushmaster has been doing it for years

http://www.bushmaster.com/images/catalog/Parts_Accessories/Barrel_Parts/A-BBL-16DM4A.gif

I would use a clamp on FSB for the front, this will not fuck up your barrel like set screws will, and is reversible.  Just remove the handguard cap and cut down the factory FSB, then add THIS and be done with it.

You can always remove the clamp on FSB in the future and add a quad rail without having barrel blemishes if you choose to.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.bushmaster.com/images/catalog/Parts_Accessories/Barrel_Parts/A-BBL-16DM4A.gif

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Your welcome

You will also need to fix the handguard cap to the clamp on FSB, and there are several ways to do this, IMHO the best way is to tap the gas tube hole in the FSB and get a button head machine screw with some locktight to secure it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
One more question: what diameter gas block do I need, .750?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top