Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:43:27 AM EDT
Just got my first AR put together (BCM lower, BCM 16" upper, Spike's Tactical BCG and PSA carry handle).

My intentions are to use this carbine for plinking, varmints (short to medium range 25-150 yards) and (Heaven forbid) home/self defense. I picked up 500 rds. of PMC XTAC 55gr. 5.56 ammo locally. May not be the best, but it's what I have.

I'm planning on getting it sighted in this weekend. This is were my confusion comes in. My first thought was to us the 25/300 meter sight in the TM. Further reading has led me to believe this will lead to shooting 8-10" high at intermediate range (100 yards). I don't think this would be my ideal situation for my intended use.

Now, I'm leaning more towards the RIBZ. If I understand correctly, this will allow for a 50-100 yard zero. This would probably be more in line with what I need.

Am I missing anything? Some other method I need to look at?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
RIBZ is great. It will probably be perfect for what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
RIBZ is where it is at.

I was skeptical of it at first as all my military training pounded the 25/300 meter zero into my brain, but once I changed it to 50/200 I have been much happier. Plus, my glasses wearing ass can't see much past 200 yards anyways...well I can see that far but the targets get very small and blurry.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So, just so I'm clear, these are the stops I would need to follow with my detachable carry handle:

1) Loosen index screw 3 turns.

2) Turn elevation knob 8 clicks clockwise.

3) Tighten index screw.

4) Sight in at 100 yards with drum set at 6/3 -6 clicks.

This will still allow me to use 6/3 for a 300 meter zero?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top