Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:51:23 PM EDT
Hey guys! I've been researching  Geissele triggers and noticed a lot people who have them in their AR are quite happy with their performance. Im NOT looking for a hair trigger for faster shooting, just looking for a nice trigger pull that could possibly help my groupings and trigger control. I'm fairly new to shooting AR's so my question is-

Should I even be looking into these triggers? Or should I stick to the standard mi-spec trigger I have and keep practicing? I don't want to create a weakness and not be effective with a standard trigger, so am I better off waiting until i'm more seasoned?

Also if I decide to purchase one of these triggers, which one is best for my needs? I mainly shoot closer targets (50-100yrs), sometimes I shoot out to 200 yards and in with an Aimpoint. The SSA is obviously the cheaper one which is why I consider it, but I would like to know the inherit differences before I make my decision. I do have the money for the dynamic as well so cost is really not an issue.

Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on what you want.  The 3G is a single stage trigger made for a more run and gun type setup for fast follow up shots where as the SSA is a 2 stage trigger with a slight takeup then a crisp break which is supposed to be geared more for precision shooters.  If you think the standard trigger is handicapping you then go for it but I would make sure and get as well versed in the trigger pull with the milspec trigger before spending $170+.  Either way it is your call but they are very very nice triggers and you will not want to shoot a milspec trigger again.  You can also go to their website and email them what you will be using the trigger for and they can suggest one for you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
A "nice" trigger won't make much of a difference to most shooters, and even then, only at long range––other factors contribute much more to overall accuracy (or lack thereof).

That said, nice triggers are NICE!

Geissele's application guide makes it pretty simple:  battle/HD rifle=SSA; 3-gun/target=one of their other triggers.

Geissele is a few months away from bringing a couple of "standard" triggers to market...both well less than $100––check the Geissele forum for details.

I would look at one of these triggers before making any trigger decisions.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Right on! Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like the SD3G is whats best for my style. I'll also be looking into the "standard" triggers that will be coming out soon.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Right on! Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like the SD3G is whats best for my style. I'll also be looking into the "standard" triggers that will be coming out soon.

Thanks again!

You will have no regrets at all
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the S3G and it made a huge difference for me. I was pulling shots on my Stag with the stock trigger. My marksmenship improved marketly with the new trigger. Double taps are a piece of cake too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top