Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2012 6:09:49 PM EDT
I'm considering purchasing a Geissele SD-E for my 6.5 build I'm doing.  Anybody out there using one.  How do you like it???
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Im considering this trigger aswell for a upper end m4gery build.  Would like some opinions on it, especially being if its too light for a HD, working gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a SD-E to replace a gritty, sticky DPMS trigger in my 16" spikes mid-length. Not much of a precision rifle but the Geissele makes shooting with it so much more enjoyable. It is super smooth, has a distinct 2nd stage and with a bit more pressure breaks very clean. I've never used a flat trigger before and have no complaints, it feels nice and extends your finger out a tiny bit more. The pull weight feels just right to me and not too light for HD or other situations where adrenaline might be flowing. It breaks consistently and has never fired before I thought it would. Geissele lives up to the hype
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the safety margin.  My friend has a Geissele national match trigger, and if you look at it wrong, it'll go off.  Thanks for your review. :)
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just bought a SD-E to replace a gritty, sticky DPMS trigger in my 16" spikes mid-length. Not much of a precision rifle but the Geissele makes shooting with it so much more enjoyable. It is super smooth, has a distinct 2nd stage and with a bit more pressure breaks very clean. I've never used a flat trigger before and have no complaints, it feels nice and extends your finger out a tiny bit more. The pull weight feels just right to me and not too light for HD or other situations where adrenaline might be flowing. It breaks consistently and has never fired before I thought it would. Geissele lives up to the hype

This. Moves through the first stage easily, then hits the second stage. A little bit more pressure and breaks very clean. I don't feel it's too light at all for a HD rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Got one in my Mega monolithic 308 build. It's a great trigger. Breaks clean and smooth across the entire pull. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I was debating this vs. a SSA-E, but like the idea of the flat trigger better.  Thanks for your feedback guys!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put one in the build I just finished.  This is my first AR15 and I don't have a lot of trigger time with other triggers, but I love this thing.  I've only got about 60 rounds thru it but it's definitely not too light for me.  I prefer a two stage trigger, but if I didn't I probably would have gone with the even lighter 3-Gun version.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
i would have to say that I have a SSA and i cant amagine a better trigger. its my 1st non oem trigger. Iv shot Colts 1stage ans Armalites. 2 stage regular triggers.   Im woundering if it would realy be worth the extra $140. am i wrong?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i would have to say that I have a SSA and i cant amagine a better trigger. its my 1st non oem trigger. Iv shot Colts 1stage ans Armalites. 2 stage regular triggers.   Im woundering if it would realy be worth the extra $140. am i wrong?

It just depends on how much you want to spend. I think the SD-E is the best trigger in the world.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an SDE on a precision rifle, and it is a great trigger, but IMHO it is too light for a duty/HD rifle.

My duty rifles have SSA triggers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top