Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:42:00 PM EDT
I just installed a Redi Mag and have a quesiton. The action on the Redi Mag seems tight and doesn't always release the PMag. Will this loosen up over time with use or do I need to use a lubricant to get it to work properly? Also my BAD lever is really close to the Redi Mag. Has anyone had any issues with the BAD lever getting hung up on the Redi Mag?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The BAD will work with the Redimag. Pmags might or might not.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I never had any problem with either. Truthfully, I bought my redimag at a gunshow for really cheap, probably because it didn't work. In my case, the mags just dropped out the first time you fired the gun. A few wacks with a hammer, and it was perfect. All that to say, perhaps it will loosen up, since mine was too loose.

I do have a crazy suggestion though. Try taking the redimag off, and then taking your magazine catch off. Then, take the mag release button and rotate it to the left just one half a turn. Then reassemble. I have no idea if that will work or not, but I would think that it would make your magazine catch extend about a half a thread's length more, which might just maybe be enough to release the redimag. If that doesn't work, or doesn't securely hold your mag in the weapon, perhaps try an extended mag release button. Just a wild guess at a solution, take it for what you will.

As usuall, someone will be along shortly with more info I'm sure. In the mean time, pics help.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a used Redi-mod and it works fine with pmags. Now the BAD lever was another story, no matter how I repositioned the two they would contact. If I applied any angled pressure then it would actually catch on the frame of the Redi-mod. But a little filing, multiple test fits and some Birchwood flat black touchup, it fits perfectly and you cant even tell.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Test the shit out of it before you depend on it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  I put some lubricant on the redi mag action and this seemed to help a lot.  I may have to grind a little off the redi mag near the BAD lever to make sure there is no interference whatsoever.  This is my duty gun so I definitely need to test it out before I depend my life on it.  

rooster4bravo:  I have the newer model that doesn't use the mag release to release the redi mag, but thank you for your help.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you guys that have the contact (Redi-Mag and BAD lever) get a pic of this contact?  I've been running the RM QA II and a BAD lever for a couple years on one gun, and there's nothing close to "contact of the parts" with my setup.  I'd just like to see what hits and what fits here, and what the problem is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top