Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:33:15 AM EDT
I have somehow managed to acquire one NIB.  It appears to be quite a nice AR-15 platform, but the price point seems have to kept the reviews and overall conversation low. If I can get opinions anywhere, it'll be here.  I'm just a casual shooter, so maybe this is overkill for me ? Impressions of the weapon ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
you are referring to an MRP?

Excellent rifle. Very accurate, very reliable, a bit on the heavy side, but the tradeoff is versatility.

Swap out barrels / calibers in less than 5 minutes, currently you can get conversions in 6.8 / 5.56 / 204 ruger from LMT, 9mm and 22lr from Spikes, and there is a guy in OR that can convert any barrel that fits a std AR platform to the MRP.

I have had zero problems with mine, and mine holds zero through multiple barrel swaps.

Pretty much the only rifle I shoot anymore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as "milspec" ar's go, a lot of folks rate the MRP's up there with or right on top.  I've handled/shot Noveske, KAC, and every FN/Colt out there, and I'd still choose either my LMT or Daniel Defense.  The price is high, but you're paying for the features.  You have a top-tier rifle, bud.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to sidetrack the OP's thread but I'm looking into purchasing an MRP in the near future and I was curious where would be the best place to pick one up (best price)?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not to sidetrack the OP's thread but I'm looking into purchasing an MRP in the near future and I was curious where would be the best place to pick one up (best price)?

Thanks..

They are all over the place for purchase. I would recommend Rainier Arms or DSG Arms for starters if your looking to buy from a dealer. With that said... lately, I have seen them all over the EE for very reasonable prices. If your not in a hurry, I would just comb the EE and wait for one come up for a good price.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT MRP =  FULL WIN!

top tier  rifle
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
One of my favorite brands

Love to have a MRP rifle length
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the helpful comments. Looks like I'd be a fool not to hang onto this one !
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#9]
www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com

They are listing them for $1375 shipped on GB. Call and ask for Craig I'm sure he would give you the deal they supoosedly have about 50 of them in stock.

Just bought mine be here Monday
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
awesome deal
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Pictures?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
LMT MRP CQB all the way.  I purchased a Factory SBR from LMT and had it shipped to my Class 3 Dealer.

While I was waiting on the ATF to approve the paperwork, I bought the 16" barrel from LMT too.

It's my go-to Rifle out of my others - DD, Noveske, BCM, and I even own a S&W M&P in 5.45x39.

You can't go wrong with the LMT MRP - some say it's a bit front heavy, but I think it balances out nicely with either barrel...

You did good - LMT is GTG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
nvm
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top