Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2011 9:51:49 AM EDT
I bought a Geissle trigger that I want to install into my early-2000's Bushmaster  XM15-E2S, but I have hit a snag. Due, I'm sure, to ban-era legal BS, there is a threaded rod installed in my safety that interferes with the Geissle' disconnect. Incidentally, it also stops me from removing the safety. How can I remove this safety?

Pic:
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like the safety is an old match trigger design from long ago. It looks like you need to flip the safety down and unscrew the rod out of the safety.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It looks like the safety is an old match trigger design from long ago. It looks like you need to flip the safety down and unscrew the rod out of the safety.

There is a very thin pin in the way. Any tips?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Phixeon, you will have to cut off or otherwise remove the threaded rod before removing the selector-sounds like you figured that part out already.

If you want to replace it, I will happily donate a new selector for your project. The selector I give you will be a Colt part, but I can assure you that it will fit just fine in your Bushmaster.

If you want a new one, just shoot me a PM or an e-mail. It's no trouble at all and I'm always happy to help

You'll need to decide if you want the old style selector or the newer elongated version-I have both kinds on-hand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Phixeon, you will have to cut off or otherwise remove the threaded rod before removing the selector-sounds like you figured that part out already.

If you want to replace it, I will happily donate a new selector for your project. The selector I give you will be a Colt part, but I can assure you that it will fit just fine in your Bushmaster.

If you want a new one, just shoot me a PM or an e-mail. It's no trouble at all and I'm always happy to help

You'll need to decide if you want the old style selector or the newer elongated version-I have both kinds on-hand.

I really appreciate the offer, but I have another selector here. I'm going to end up taking this to my smith, as I don't trust my own Dremel skills not to mess this up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotcha

Good luck with your new trigger-you're going to LOVE it!

If anything changes unexpectedly and you need the new selector after all, don't hesitate to ask.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top