Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 7:12:27 AM EDT
I've finally finished adding/upgrading/replacing the parts that I wanted to on my first rifle...Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ORC. For now the only thing I would like to do to it sometime in the future is install an EoTech sight...but for now I'm pretty happy with it's look/function. 300 rounds through it so far, and MANY more planned. I know a few items could have been combined...like buying a Magpul CTR stock instead of a MOE and adding the swivel mount, but I bought the items as my budget allowed. The pictures are from my iPhone so they are not too great, but here is what I did to it...

Bushnell Trophy 1 x 32mm Red Dot Scope
SureFire M951 Weapon Light w/SR07 Remote Switch & Upgraded LED Lamp
Vickers Padded Sling w/Push Button Swivels
Lancer L5 10rd Magazine (California)
Prince 50 Convertible Bullet Button (California)
Badger Ordnance Tactical Charging Handle Latch
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
Magpul RVG (Rail Vertical Grip)
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE Hand Guard w/Rails
Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
Magpul MOE Stock w/Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad & IWC QD MOUNT-N-SLOT Sling Mount

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/bryan572/4ca89720.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/bryan572/6244b0b4.jpg
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks sexy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What about a trigger upgrade? You do know it's the most important part of your rifle right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What about a trigger upgrade? You do know it's the most important part of your rifle right?

Single stage Mil Spec triggers are the most reliable on the market and while the trigger is a very important part of the rifle, it doesn't necessarily require an "upgrade".  fancy triggers are not the cure for bad shooting either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single stage Mil Spec triggers are the most reliable on the market and while the trigger is a very important part of the rifle, it doesn't necessarily require an "upgrade".  fancy triggers are not the cure for bad shooting either.

I could not have said it any better myself.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Expensive triggers are the "in vouge" thing to replace this month. In a while it'll be barrels, stocks, handguards...etc. Stick around awhile and you see it run full circle. I think a good trigger is bice to have, it's certainly not paramount. You can learn a trigger...good, bad or otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice. You might want to switch ends of your sling and put the padding near the stock.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I take it that you have tried that? How much  do you think it would help?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice. You might want to switch ends of your sling and put the padding near the stock.

As stated above.  Unless you plan on carring it over one shoulder like a
hunting rifle.  Good looking rifle.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, NOW I know why you suggested that...I had a brain fart there for a minute. I will definitely give it a try and see how I like it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#11]
do as I did and sell the 1x32 Bushnell on the EE for $125..

then buy a Primary Arms M3 (clone) and save $15-20 for the bank..

the weight difference seems like at least 7 ounces..

looks good though..
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, NOW I know why you suggested that...I had a brain fart there for a minute. I will definitely give it a try and see how I like it.

Also the Quick Adjust Tab is absolutely useless the way you have it on now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
You forgot the irons!

Just think, pretty soon you are going to run across a rifle at the fun store with a nice LOOOONNNG  free floating handguard, and you will be pulling out the cc and posting the same rifle looking totally different while thinking it's done. It won't be of course, but you will decide to build another at this point, and you will also become an optics junky.

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've finally finished adding/upgrading/replacing the parts that I wanted to on my first rifle...Smith & Wesson M&P 15 ORC. For now the only thing I would like to do to it sometime in the future is install an EoTech sight...but for now I'm pretty happy with it's look/function. 300 rounds through it so far, and MANY more planned. I know a few items could have been combined...like buying a Magpul CTR stock instead of a MOE and adding the swivel mount, but I bought the items as my budget allowed. The pictures are from my iPhone so they are not too great, but here is what I did to it...

Bushnell Trophy 1 x 32mm Red Dot Scope
SureFire M951 Weapon Light w/SR07 Remote Switch & Upgraded LED Lamp
Vickers Padded Sling w/Push Button Swivels
Lancer L5 10rd Magazine (California)
Prince 50 Convertible Bullet Button (California)
Badger Ordnance Tactical Charging Handle Latch
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
Magpul RVG (Rail Vertical Grip)
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE Hand Guard w/Rails
Magpul MOE Pistol Grip
Magpul MOE Stock w/Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad & IWC QD MOUNT-N-SLOT Sling Mount

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/bryan572/4ca89720.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/bryan572/6244b0b4.jpg

Just kidding, looks great.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Expensive triggers are the "in vouge" thing to replace this month. In a while it'll be barrels, stocks, handguards...etc. Stick around awhile and you see it run full circle. I think a good trigger is bice to have, it's certainly not paramount. You can learn a trigger...good, bad or otherwise.

Truer words were never spoken.
Something else I was told decades ago which has proven to be absolute gospel:
A good shooter will shoot well even with a bad trigger.  A bad shooter will not shoot well even with a good trigger.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks great!

Shoot and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't forget them, I can't fit rear irons on it with the scope on there...just barely not enough room. The scope does have a backup-style iron sight on the top of it and it does work ok. I did try it at the range and if the battery did go dead on the scope, they would work if SHTF...but that's the only time I would use them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I did just get the sling and reversed it like you suggested and it does hang/fit much better. I have been used to carrying long guns over the shoulder like a hunting rifle and it does take a little getting used to carrying it in a tactical way, but now that I've tried it I really like it and it is much more practical too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Good scope I ran one for a while... I will say that the screws on mine didn't have much thread to grab onto so I sanded a few thousandths off the back (smooth side) to make it thinner giving the screws more threads to grab...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I have to say, for the money this Bushnell scope works really well. I know there are other budget priced scopes out there, but I've used other Bushnell products and they have always been good quality.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top