Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 1:05:19 AM EDT
Simple question, why would you want a preban lower?  I live in SC and don't know that it really matters when building an AR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
A pre-ban lower allows those who live in states that prohibit weapons built after the ban to build on these lowers and be able to own the weapon in their state, post ban lowers are not allowed to be possessed in these states. The older lowers are still allowed there, since they were built before the assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A pre-ban lower allows those who live in states that prohibit weapons built after the ban to build on these lowers and be able to own the weapon in their state, post ban lowers are not allowed to be possessed in these states. The older lowers are still allowed there, since they were built before the assault weapons ban.

Not accurate post ban lowers are legal in very state, I think, just can't have some features

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Correct. I'm considering shopping for one so I can bring an AR to a "ban-state" in the configuration I like.(I may go to one such state for employment next summer).

-JC

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Here in CT on a post ban I can't have a adjustable stock,flash hider or bayo lug.
With a pre ban I can have all that stuff

I actually like the A-2 stock,I can use a compensator to give my guns "that look" and I don't even have a bayonet

Problem is that the AR platform is about the perfect thing for kids and small adults to start with a centerfire rifle . So I paid the extra money for a pre ban

I have had some folks try to claim that if some future ban became law they would be all set because they own a pre ban. That may or may not be the case depending on the wording of that possible future law
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:09:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not accurate post ban lowers are legal in very state, I think, just can't have some features

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

If I remember, there are 2 features that would be allowed on a post ban rifle.  Either:
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine
Threaded barrel
Bayonet lug (I think there was an increase of drive by bayonetings)
Adjustable stock

The hi-cap magazine ban is a seperate ban.  It applies to all guns.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
legal, not technical, discussion
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top