Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 11:14:06 AM EDT
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Armalite M15A4 carbine.  Before spending the money I had a couple of quick questions...Does the M15 have a commercial or mil-spec buffer tube?  FA or SA carrier?  Any out of the box fixes required to get the M15A4 ready for hard use (ie staking of the castle nut, extractor upgrade ect)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
try here also.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They have mil-spec buffer tubes, semi-auto carriers, and have black o-rings underneath the extractors.

Don't get caught up on the whole semi-auto vs. full auto carrier thing. There's no real benefit.

M15's are excellent rifles, and ArmaLite has great customer service. This is coming from an M15 owner who's dealt with ArmaLite on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Don't get caught up on the whole semi-auto vs. full auto carrier thing. There's no real benefit.

you'll NARFLE THE GARTHOK for saying that around here.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you'll NARFLE THE GARTHOK for saying that around here.  

Oh, I know, but I'm tired of hearing that nonsense about slowing down the cyclic rate. It's very likely that that little weight difference won't have much effect on anything, so basically, it's negligible. And for anyone that asks, no I haven't tested this theory, and I have yet to see someone provide positive test info that it does indeed slow down the cyclic rate. The only reason you should want a full-auto carrier in a semi-auto AR is if you'll be putting your upper assembly on a full-auto lower receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top