Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 3:11:58 PM EDT
Just installed a new nickel boron spikes trigger and was wondering if there is anything besides shooting that I need to do to help break it in? Anything that I need to be cautious about?

Pic:
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/elamb23/IMAG0331.jpg
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just shoot it.

Assuming you function checked it and it all works then yeah, lube and shoot!
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got back from the range and already a noticeable difference. Very happy with the upgrade for the price.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Was just gonna ask how you liked it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a few NiB battle triggers and they all got better with use. After 200-300 rounds they were slick. One was on a 5.45 that used the heavier hammer spring (really screwed up the slick advantage of the NiB coating). I bobbed the hammer tail and re-installed the origional hammer spring, did not care for the hard trigger.
Later (after break-in shooting), I lubed the pins and installed lighter springs (Tubbs), jeez what a difference. These trigger groups are an improvement over most single stage factory setups, they do improve with use (as do most factory triggers). I do not feel they are required, but they are an improvement.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top