Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2011 3:13:44 PM EDT
I finally decided I hated the tacticool AK and stripped it down. That left me with the R-1 with no home so I decided to give it a try on my AR. I really like this setup...more so than I liked the ML3 in a Larue LT150. So I am going to roll with this for awhile and see what happens.

BCM 14.5'' A2x upper
Spike's Lower
Spike's LPK
Vltor modstock
VCAS sling
Magpul MOE hand guards, grip, trigger guard
Magpul BAD
DD A1.5 BUIS and Micro mount
Aimpoint R-1
IWC light mount with an old ass Surefire in it
IWC hand stop
RRA side sling adapter
BCM gun fighter CH

And yes I may paint the R-1 one of these days...right now I am going to try to sell my ML3 towards an H-1 also.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well done, your gun is a shining example of functionality and modesty.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Poor men buy what they can when they can lol. I only bought the R1 because it was on sale at Midway.

With the ML3

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Poor men buy what they can when they can lol. I only bought the R1 because it was on sale at Midway.

With the ML3

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1033/ar152.jpg

Nice

Midway sold that cheap
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

looks very familiar almost the same setup

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
That is pretty close. I did run a MOE for a long time, but I grabbed a $50 modstock from BCM and really liked the cheek weld so I sold the MOE.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The R-1 is in the garage getting painted as we speak. I won't lie...I was pretty terrified to do it lol. So far it looks awesome unless something drastically changes when it dries fully. I couldn't find the ultra flat krylon camo in black so I grabbed the BBQ and grill paint.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks close to mine.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top