Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2011 6:39:25 PM EDT
What is the accuracy like on the PSA ARs vs Bushmaster, Colt, BCM, etc?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
they are all going to be relatively the same if all of the specs are the same..
this is a broad question with many answers
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]
PSA 16" HF M4 Carbine Upper ($499).. w/ Caldwell Front Bag in front..

Heres 200 yards with a cheap 6x32 scope.. after I got it zero'd

Heres 50 yards with a non-magnified 3MOA PA Red Dot.. (500 yard target reduced for 50 yard use..)

at 100 yards with same 3MOA Red Dot.. about 3 1/4" with just blasting..

again.. which PSA upper are you looking at??
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
how good can you shoot?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#4]
What ammunition do you plan on using?
Typically the better the round the better the accuracy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Accuracy is on par with the upper mid tier (BCM, Colt), slightly below the absolute top (Noveske, LaRue).

Basically, its better than the price tag would indicate, and it will depend on YOU and what rounds you are shooting.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#6]
epsgunner,

I'm liking that 500m (reduced for 50m) target: hits count!

OP,
The PSA kit checks all the right boxes, so accuracy will be dependant on what, how and who is used. An adjective? Great.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#7]
My PSA is pretty darn accurate, at least what I need it to do!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
epsgunner,

OP,
The PSA kit checks all the right boxes, so accuracy will be dependant on what, how and who is used. An adjective? Great.

Thanks.. yeah it shocked me also..

I did a second target with 17 rounds.. and had 6 shots outside the silouette, but inside the circles.. started jerking the trigger..

thinking right at 1moa at 100 yards with standard factory ammo.. heck I was shooting PMC XTAC 62gr M855 with these targets you see.. I think with some MATCH ammo it would get sub-moa for shure..  I don't do 3 shot groups.. usually 5-20..  

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

epsgunner,

OP,

Thanks.. yeah it shocked me also..

I did a second target with 17 rounds.. and had 6 shots outside the silouette, but inside the circles.. started jerking the trigger..

thinking right at 1moa at 100 yards with standard factory ammo.. heck I was shooting PMC XTAC 62gr M855 with these targets you see.. I think with some MATCH ammo it would get sub-moa for shure..  I don't do 3 shot groups.. usually 5-20..  

For the groups you posted, why do you think MOA or sub-MOA is possible, even with good ammo?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
@Shenanigans..  
For the groups you posted, why do you think MOA or sub-MOA is possible, even with good ammo?

1 1/4 x 1 3/8" at 50 yards.. for 8/9 shots. just measured.. with a 3MOA Red Dot..

lets say a 2 3/8" group at 200 yards.. with the PMC XTAC M855 62gr ammo..

I'm thinking Federal GMM in some flavor would drop the 200 yards down..

and more than likely if I shot with my SCOPE, vs. 3MOA red dot at 50 yards.. you'd be under 1/2 groups..

The upper I HAVE is seemingly TIGHT..  IMHO...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#11]
this was at 50 yrds with the PSA hammer forged upper  AE223 and Wolf 62g hp. rifle was new zero rounds  with a 1-4 scope.  was mainly checking function and wasnt to worried on accuracy at the time. I havent reshot it as it was a gift for my brother

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top