User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 905
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
whats the suppressor , muzzle adapter commonly used on Block II ?

View Quote

Air Force, Navy and Army SOF, they use the Surefire RC and 4P flash hinder.  Marines use the older KAC can and NT4 flash hinder.

CD
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#2]
If anyone is looking to sell a block ii upper (16 in) I would be interested as I need one for work

If this post is inappropriate let me know and I'll delete it

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 11b4v:

SF Group recently training in Germany apparently has one, black SU231 on a rifle.  With the LMT fixed sights, it could be personally owned.
Pic taken from an article at The War Zone on SF's Hard Target Defeat Companies.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/778/SF_with_black_231_jpg-1722879.JPG
View Quote

What is that on the dudes wrist?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LFC2112:

What is that on the dudes wrist?
View Quote

Garmin Foretrex GPS
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Air Force, Navy and Army SOF, they use the Surefire RC and 4P flash hinder.  Marines use the older KAC can and NT4 flash hinder.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
whats the suppressor , muzzle adapter commonly used on Block II ?

CD

@BSOG1

Before the RC was adopted, they all had NT4s and M4QDs.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I snagged a non fsp RIS II so i'll be assembling that soon as well
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
is the Surefire stuff available ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#8]
is the Surefire stuff available ?
View Quote

Sort of.  Surefire just discontinued the RC suppressor (which is the issued model) and now you can only purchase the RC2.  The issued muzzle device is the 4 prong and those aren’t sold commercially.  You can find them fairly often in the EE but they’re expensive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Built up an FSP to go with my non FSP and CQBR Block II’s.

- MSI CAGE Code upper receiver
- Colt SOCOM barrel
- Colt BCG
- Surefire 4 prong (not pinned, this is an SBR)
- DD RIS II FSP
- Matech rear sight
- Eotech 553

Going to pick up a tan Surefire Scout for it and swap out the Magpul VFG for a Tango Down at some point.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody use a pin and welded NT4 with the KAC can?

I was about to send an upper off to have a NT4 pinned and welded, but I want to make sure that the spacer won't interfere with suppressor use.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#11]
Originally Posted By beastman:

I was about to send an upper off to have a NT4 pinned and welded, but I want to make sure that the spacer won't interfere with suppressor use.

View Quote

The NT4 flash hider isn’t long enough on its own to make 16". You will need a spacer to push it out far enough.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

The NT4 flash hider isn’t long enough on its own to make 16". You will need a spacer to push it out far enough.
View Quote

I know, that's why I want to make sure the spacer won't interfere with suppressor lock up before I have it pinned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
If you go back to the earlier days of the thread augee had that setup on his block II for awhile
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]

I know, that's why I want to make sure the spacer won't interfere with suppressor lock up before I have it pinned.
View Quote

Reading comprehension is hard for me. I only read the first half of your post before I replied.

I wouldn’t think so as the groove the latch falls into is in front of the spacer and doesn’t change the measurements from the grooves to the end of the flash hider. Just going to make the can sit slightly further from the bare muzzle. Hopefully that makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
If you go back to the earlier days of the thread augee had that setup on his block II for awhile
View Quote

Reading comprehension is hard for me. I only read the first half of your post before I replied.

I wouldn’t think so as the groove the latch falls into is in front of the spacer and doesn’t change the measurements from the grooves to the end of the flash hider. Just going to make the can sit slightly further from the bare muzzle. Hopefully that makes sense.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Surefire is famous for constantly discontinuing stuff.

Originally Posted By HD2006:

Sort of.  Surefire just discontinued the RC suppressor (which is the issued model) and now you can only purchase the RC2.  The issued muzzle device is the 4 prong and those aren’t sold commercially.  You can find them fairly often in the EE but they’re expensive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#17]
Originally Posted By HD2006:Sort of.  Surefire just discontinued the RC suppressor (which is the issued model) and now you can only purchase the RC2.
View Quote

They stopped making them like 6 months ago but the RC2 will likely pop up ITW at some point in the near future.

View Quote
Part of the RC2 redesign was automating the welding process, which resulted in a cost savings for SF and the end user. They had to keep the RC tooling to fulfil the DoD contract. It would appear they did contract mod last year. At that point there was no reason to keep producing the older model.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

They stopped making them like 6 months ago but the RC2 will likely pop up ITW at some point in the near future.

Part of the RC2 redesign was automating the welding process, which resulted in a cost savings for SF and the end user. They had to keep the RC tooling to fulfil the DoD contract. It would appear they did contract mod last year. At that point there was no reason to keep producing the older model.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:
Originally Posted By HD2006:Sort of.  Surefire just discontinued the RC suppressor (which is the issued model) and now you can only purchase the RC2.

It would be cool to see the RC2 start popping up ITW since I have one.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]
It may not be clone correct, but anyone try a Cloud Defensive OWL on their RIS II FSP rail? How's it work with the FSP / palm of hand?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#20]
My RC2 was pretty beat up looking so I re-coated it yesterday.

Here is the RC2 with a new coat of Cerakote next to my RC (that I keep new so I can color match my other SF cans to when they're beat up)

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anybody here cerakoted there black surefire socom silencer fde? I’ve got a black one and
I’m looking into options on the best way to get it fde. It’s going to get spray painted anyways but I would rather not
Have the black showing through when the paint wears. Here’s pics from my conjugal visit. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Question regarding cqd rail sling mount; we all know optic mounts should engage the front of of the pic. lug surface, but with something like a rail sling mount does it matter?

The screws are pretty narrow so when not tightened down the the mount can move fore and aft, when it comes to optics mounts you mount as far forward as possible to mitigate recoil forces moving your optic mount, but with a sling mount does it even matter? My guess as to mount as rearward in the engagement  surface since the sling forces will usually be pulling towards the shooter, but not even sure if this matters?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gmbackus:
Question regarding cqd rail sling mount; we all know optic mounts should engage the front of of the pic. lug surface, but with something like a rail sling mount does it matter?

The screws are pretty narrow so when not tightened down the the mount can move fore and aft, when it comes to optics mounts you mount as far forward as possible to mitigate recoil forces moving your optic mount, but with a sling mount does it even matter? My guess as to mount as rearward in the engagement  surface since the sling forces will usually be pulling towards the shooter, but not even sure if this matters?
View Quote

Yea man pretty sure your over thinking this lol. It doesn’t matter
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Wichert187:

Yea man pretty sure your over thinking this lol. It doesn’t matter
View Quote

Yeah pretty sure I was, it happens sometimes when I get I stressed out at work I obsess over the weirdest shit

But I did mount it rearward because it made the most sense to me lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#25]
Did an inventory on all the clone stuff and spare parts I been buying as I see them over the years. Just realized I have enough to build a complete upper.

NT4 flash hider not P&W since it’s a SBR lower. KAC micros as stand ins until I figure out what optics I want on it. Thinking a LPVO would be a good fit.

Also this is the last of my C marked uppers. This one is a Brass square forged upper

The barrel is a Thoroughbred Armament 14.5” Colt surplus that already had the Mk12 gas block and DD barrel nut. Barrel was in excellent shape with a 2014 date code and very clean chamber and bore.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#26]
While I’m in here:

Was there ever anymore info out there on Mueller Forge code uppers that have been hitting the surplus areas?

I found this post in the URGI thread with some info and then this post from CD in here.

Was there any more photos of these seen in the wild on Block 2s? Or were these only replacements for URGI?

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seanway] [#27]
How you guys feel about the new 2020 colt laser engravings... ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:
While I’m in here:

Was there ever anymore info out there on Mueller Forge code uppers that have been hitting the surplus areas?

I found this post in the URGI thread with some info and then this post from CD in here.

Was there any more photos of these seen in the wild on Block 2s? Or were these only replacements for URGI?

https://i.imgur.com/qVbi92C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VcFGKdX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2elpMF5.jpg
View Quote

I posted those before the URGI was fielded so, Yes, used on URG/Blk IIs.

CD
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#29]

I posted those before the URGI was fielded so, Yes, used on URG/Blk IIs.

CD
View Quote

Thanks for the quick confirmation CD, appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
My RC2 was pretty beat up looking so I re-coated it yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/sjRp4oe.jpg

Here is the RC2 with a new coat of Cerakote next to my RC (that I keep new so I can color match my other SF cans to when they're beat up)

https://i.imgur.com/V43yCiO.jpg
View Quote

@MNRidesHonda Heck yes, my dude; looks great. I am keeping a Warden on hand for the same reasoning.

Surefire uses C-Series "Coyote Tan" yes?

Or you custom formula to match?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:51:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#31]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

@MNRidesHonda Heck yes, my dude; looks great. I am keeping a Warden on hand for the same reasoning.

Surefire uses C-Series "Coyote Tan" yes?

Or you custom formula to match?
View Quote

I’m pretty sure SF uses C but I’m not 100% sure what color SF uses.

I mixed my formula and I used H instead. C is not as durable in my experiences. I have several cans I coated in H that have been holding up fine to the heat and wear much better than C.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Waiting on my xps3 to come back from repair(reliever new with debris in the window unfortunately) before I post pictures, otherwise build is complete sans light.

Seeing as the insight wmx200 is pretty much vapor ware, is there another light I can pick up that is actual issue? I see the Surefire scout is pretty popular, and pretty common on issue guns, but is this an actual issue item or a individual/unit purchase?  If not an actual “sopmod issue” light, what are my options besides holding out for a wmx200 in tan?

Also follow up question on “sopmod approved” stock.  I realize the ctr is probably the most common individual purchase, but as far as being part of the “sopmod issue” I believe the enhanced sopmod gen 1 is more correct. Currently the rifles wearing a b5 coyote brown gen 1, but going back through this thread a couple of times, I have been unable to tell if the CB is actually part of the sopmod kit, or just commonly issued because it has an nsn; would black actually be the more correct sopmod issued stock?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:42:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Waiting on my xps3 to come back from repair(reliever new with debris in the window unfortunately) before I post pictures, otherwise build is complete sans light.

Seeing as the insight wmx200 is pretty much vapor ware, is there another light I can pick up that is actual issue? I see the Surefire scout is pretty popular, and pretty common on issue guns, but is this an actual issue item or a individual/unit purchase?  If not an actual "sopmod issue" light, what are my options besides holding out for a wmx200 in tan?

Also follow up question on "sopmod approved" stock.  I realize the ctr is probably the most common individual purchase, but as far as being part of the "sopmod issue" I believe the enhanced sopmod gen 1 is more correct. Currently the rifles wearing a b5 coyote brown gen 1, but going back through this thread a couple of times, I have been unable to tell if the CB is actually part of the sopmod kit, or just commonly issued because it has an nsn; would black actually be the more correct sopmod issued stock?
View Quote
For lights the alternative to the wmx200 is the su-233 (m3x). Poor output but you can get a 500 lumen led replacement bulb for it to give it new life. MARSCO appears to be issuing the m600v. Other scouts that you see are individual  purchase or unit purchase.

For Sopmod stocks the correct ones are LMT GEN 1 black, LMT GEN 1 coyote brown, or b5 gen 1 black. B5 in coyot brown having been seen in photos. Every time a coyote brown sopmod is seen it appears to be an lmt (hardware gives it away).
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
For lights the alternative to the wmx200 is the su-233 (m3x). Poor output but you can get a 500 lumen led replacement bulb for it to give it new life. MARSCO appears to be issuing the m600v. Other scouts that you see are individual  purchase or unit purchase.

For Sopmod stocks the correct ones are LMT GEN 1 black, LMT GEN 1 coyote brown, or b5 gen 1 black. B5 in coyot brown having been seen in photos. Every time a coyote brown sopmod is seen it appears to be an lmt (hardware gives it away).
View Quote

So the gen 1 LMT is also vapor ware or really expensive, but the coyote brown color was an actual “as issued” item then, correct?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#35]

So the gen 1 LMT is also vapor ware or really expensive, but the coyote brown color was an actual "as issued" item then, correct?
View Quote

Yes the lmt gen 1 in CB/taupe was issued in limited numbers. I'll post some pics later tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#36]
A few questions, and apologies if these have been answered before:

1) Optics: I have seen some pictures of block II's with vortex pst gen II 1-6 and black Geissele 1.93 mounts. However I haven't seen any kind of description about who's rifles they are (see https://www.clonerifles.com/theclones/m4a1blockii). Anyone know? At the previous link there is one with a lancer adaptive magwell, pst, G 1.93, and magpul ACS. any other pictures of this rifle in the wild or anyone know anything about it?

2) Flash hiders: I know sf 4p and KAC are the most common/accepted flash hiders, however I seem to recall people also saying the closed tine SF 212 was appropriate as an option way back when I first started my block II project 8 or 9 years ago. Am I misremembering? Does anyone have a pic of a block ii in the wild with one?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By wrxdwpsti:

1) Optics: I have seen some pictures of block II's with vortex pst gen II 1-6 and black Geissele 1.93 mounts. However I haven't seen any kind of description about who's rifles they are (see https://www.clonerifles.com/theclones/m4a1blockii). Anyone know? At the previous link there is one with a lancer adaptive magwell, pst, G 1.93, and magpul ACS. any other pictures of this rifle in the wild or anyone know anything about it?

2) Flash hiders: I know sf 4p and KAC are the most common/accepted flash hiders, however I seem to recall people also saying the closed tine SF 212 was appropriate as an option way back when I first started my block II project 8 or 9 years ago. Am I misremembering? Does anyone have a pic of a block ii in the wild with one?

Thanks guys!
View Quote

PST 1-6 was on SF block IIs.

https://www.defensereview.com/tactical-ar-15-m4-m4a1-carbine-aftermarket-accessories-for-military-cotactical-ar-15-m4-m4a1-carbine-aftermarket-accessories-for-military-combat-applications-the-competition-to-combat-crossover-part/
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for finding the source of those pictures so fast!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Thanks guys!
View Quote

The PST 1-6x has also been seen on at least one Navy gun:

Attachment Attached File

The SF 212A was used on AFSOC guns. These pics are from the 2015 timeframe.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks Stevie! Any idea if that navy gun has the Geissele 1.93 or the 2.04?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Is an A2 flash hider or NT4 correct for RIS II FSP? I want to do a RIS II FSP build maybe with a 16” barrel for easy of maintenance. I always thought the Daniel Defense V1 or the Colt Socom II looked cool.. A2 would save me a bit of length vs surefire. Though 14.5 pin & weld surefire would be best...
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By P51D_katydid:
Is an A2 flash hider or NT4 correct for RIS II FSP? I want to do a RIS II FSP build maybe with a 16” barrel for easy of maintenance. I always thought the Daniel Defense V1 or the Colt Socom II looked cool.. A2 would save me a bit of length vs surefire. Though 14.5 pin & weld surefire would be best...
View Quote

NT4 or 4 prong
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks Stevie! Any idea if that navy gun has the Geissele 1.93 or the 2.04?
View Quote

No problem. I'm fairly certain it's a 1.93 mount.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

This is the way! D. Wilson can even time it to not use shims. Looks way cleaner IMO.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Swapped the Magpul VFG for a Tango Down and added a Surefire Scout to the FSP build.  Last pic shows the Block II family.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#46]

This is the way! D. Wilson can even time it to not use shims. Looks way cleaner IMO.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/C424FEC0-2A52-412E-B2DF-BDA40F629A28_jpe-1807092.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462226/C424FEC0-2A52-412E-B2DF-BDA40F629A28_jpe-1807092.JPG

Do you even clone bro?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Would it be worth it to sell a complete cqbr upper or part it out?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Would it be worth it to sell a complete cqbr upper or part it out?
View Quote

Part out
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Part out
View Quote

Lol I was in the wrong clone thread. But yeah, I’m leaning towards as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I know it's been discussed before but I can't remember or find the verdict. Did any FSB Block II use M4 contour barrels?
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top