Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2011 12:21:29 PM EDT
I'm looking to order an LMT lower for my new LMT upper. Two questions?

1 –– Is LMT's two-stage trigger worth the extra price, or should I get the standard "100-pound" trigger and change it out; does LMT's two-stage trigger match the RockRiver two stage?

2 -  What other brand of lower receiver matches LMT uppers well (do not include BCM, they are in far off backorder). Do Bushmaster and  RockRiver lowers go well with an LMT upper?

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no way to determine what other receivers might match your lower until you have the parts in your paws. Every batch of anodization can vary in tint regardless of brand.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of the LMT 2 stage triggers on my Daniel Defense Recce and my Bravo Company SPR and they have been excellent. They seem to be a very good basic 2 stage trigger.

It would be sacrilegious to put an LMT upper on a Bushie or a Rock River.

Cameron

Threads without pics suck...

LMT 2 Stage triggers inside

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 LMT 2-Stage triggers. They are nice and IMHO worth it.
No adjustments, pretty simple and robust.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a Colt LE6940 free-float upper on a LMT 2-stage lower. They receivers match and I enjoy the trigger. I will also say that I would trust the LMT 2-stage in a combat environment.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The LMT two stage trigger is priced in between the Geissele SSA ($170) and the new Geissele S2S ($125). I have LMTs and SSAs and while the LMT is fine I definitely prefer the SSA. You might want to research the S2S.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a new LMT 2-stage that came w/ a Noveske lower I bought.  I do not care for it at all.  The first stage was gritty and somewhat unpredictable.  The second stage felt inconsistant and was not a glass rod break.  Mine might be the exception but judging by all the ones I see for sale in the EE I doubt it.  I tried breaking it in but still could not get it to my liking.  Switched it for a DMR and could not be happier.  I have been in contact w/ Bill Springfield about the LMT and I think I am going to send it to him to see what he can do w/ it.  Thought about playing w/ it myself but don't have the time.  YMMV and I have to add that I am picky about triggers (unless it's unnecessary to be).
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a new LMT 2-stage that came w/ a Noveske lower I bought.  I do not care for it at all.  The first stage was gritty and somewhat unpredictable.  The second stage felt inconsistant and was not a glass rod break.  Mine might be the exception but judging by all the ones I see for sale in the EE I doubt it.  I tried breaking it in but still could not get it to my liking.  Switched it for a DMR and could not be happier.  I have been in contact w/ Bill Springfield about the LMT and I think I am going to send it to him to see what he can do w/ it.  Thought about playing w/ it myself but don't have the time.  YMMV and I have to add that I am picky about triggers (unless it's unnecessary to be).

I agree with you, they aren't near the DMR and since the new Geissele S2S ($125), well ....
I bought mine off the EE at much less that retail so I'm cool with that, but for new retail money. No.

I've thought about Springfield as well.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Cameron

BTW, Cameron, the RRA lower receiver I have available is just that, the receiver. Inside is a great, full JP Enterprises installed single-stage trigger, with an Ergo grip and a MagPul PRS stock. The stock will changed to some sort of MagPul or VLTOR carbine version. Does that make the RRA lower a little more palatable?

I still don't get the aversion to RRA and Bushmasters on this site. And I can't get over how many of you "AR snobs" (just kidding, guys) don't know about JP Enterprises equipment.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the LMT and RRA two-stage. I prefer the LMT.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cameron

BTW, Cameron, the RRA lower receiver I have available is just that, the receiver. Inside is a great, full JP Enterprises installed single-stage trigger, with an Ergo grip and a MagPul PRS stock. The stock will changed to some sort of MagPul or VLTOR carbine version. Does that make the RRA lower a little more palatable?

I still don't get the aversion to RRA and Bushmasters on this site. And I can't get over how many of you "AR snobs" (just kidding, guys) don't know about JP Enterprises equipment.

All of my BCMs live on Bushmaster lowers, they fit great and even color match.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm looking to order an LMT lower for my new LMT upper. Two questions?

1 –– Is LMT's two-stage trigger worth the extra price, or should I get the standard "100-pound" trigger and change it out; does LMT's two-stage trigger match the RockRiver two stage?

2 -  What other brand of lower receiver matches LMT uppers well (do not include BCM, they are in far off backorder). Do Bushmaster and  RockRiver lowers go well with an LMT upper?

My LMT Defender M4 came with there 2 stage trigger

I also have another LMT M4  upper on a bushy lower with a regular  SA  trigger

I shoot the same size groups with both M4`s

I will never buy a Match/2stage trigger for a  SHTF M4 again!! (Only DMR)

My bushmaster lower seems to match the  LMT anodize very well
Both LMT M4  14.5 uppers have different  up rec

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top