Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 11:06:17 AM EDT
I got a set because my ocd hated the wiggle so much. my advice is don't bother with the take down pin.Most of the play in these guns resides I think around the pivot pin. That's all mine needed to be rock solid tight.

This is a better solution than the o ring and accuswedge imo. Both of those solutions put wear on the pins and recviver as well as pushing the reciver halves apart. The oversized pin tightens the fit.

My one warning would be, if you swap uppers a lot, DON'T do this. I'm pretty sure I'll need a hammer and punch to take the oversized pivot pin back out. Most likely you'll need to tap the pivot pin in, I had to.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
there is no such thing as a "National Match" pin. In fact, the last specs for a National Match rifle was for the M14.  There never were NM specs for the M16 / AR family of rifles.  NM parts for ARs are a marketing term for AR companies.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand that, but there is no doubt that this pivot pin is a larger diam than the stock ar15 pin. They are .01" over. It's just what armalite calls it. They could call it the grand clown pivot pin and I wouldn't care.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top