Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:39:21 AM EDT
This is my first post here. I am looking for an AR, and looking at  RRA Coyote. I'M 62 years old and retired home builder who needs something to do.I have always been a hunter and target shooter. This would be my first Ar. The quality of Ar-15 have come a long way and I want to purchase one soon. I would appreciate any help in finding a dependable and accurate weapon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#1]

you could do alot worse for an AR.  Go for it
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome! The Rock River will suite you just fine. Just buy a handful of mags and lube it up when you get home. There are some scope mounts made just for AR-15s you might want to look at. If not, get some extra tall rings and push the scope all the way forward. If there are any parts on the gun you don't like, just swap it out with something a little different. Lots of good aftermarket stuff. AR-15s are like Legos for grown men!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is my 20" with a few after market parts.

Here is a group with Black Hills reloaded 60gr.  V-max.

I love the gun. It has a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the site. look at a spikes weapon they are the best.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA is Good To Go.....don't fret about,,,do it...I'm sure you'll get the typical "bias" from the various groups, but...I've got 3 RRA ARs (including the 308) and wouldn't trade for any other.   PS...RRA has a lifetime warranty...most of the rest don't.. Shrps74
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds liike a good choice to me.  I have several RRA HBARs and they shoot accurately (sub 3/4 MOA for 5 shots of match ammo), have nice triggers, and function perfectly.  One shot a 1 1/8" 10 shot group at 100 yards the other day with the el cheapo Remington 55 grain ammo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got several AR's and only a few are not Rock River Arms.  I like the RRA's the best.  Their customer service has always been top notch (it is highly unlikely you will have an issue, I am a dealer) and quality is excellent.

Yup!  AR's are lego kits for the adults.  I will stongly agree that you can easily swap out any parts you don't like or wish to upgrade.

I actually sold a 20" Coyote to an older skydiving buddy last year and he absolutely loves it!  He was slightly hesitant at first due to the cost, but after asking me questions about it for about a year (and doing his own research) he began to see all the pros (he's a target shooter) and the level of quality he would be getting.  Loves it!  

Very accurate rifle!  I remember seeing him down at the drop zone after he took it out for the first time earlier that day.  The smile on my face was almost as big as his.  He had been shooting a Mini 14 for the past several years and could hardly believe the accuracy with his new Coyote.  Even with a low/medium quality scope he felt like a countersniper overnight!  (He chose the 20" moly bbl)

He has already upgraded to a higher quality scope and a Magpul PRS stock.

My advice would be to use the best scope you can afford, a Harris bipod, and 20 round mags.  (30 round mags are to long to go prone and although 10 round mags will work nicely, its good to have the extra capacity.)  Simply my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all of the advice. 217, I agree with you on the black hills accuracy. I bought a case of it the first year they were in business . I shot them in my 40X remington and they almost equalled my reloads,using Berger Bullets. I have a bunch of scopes to try, but I will probably get a red dot. I have a primary arms  I use on a .22 and its is good for the money. Might drop the big bucks on Aimpoint.  I appreciate the friendly asvice form everybody.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top