Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2011 1:36:37 PM EDT
I just received my spikes 14.5" upper with MOE handguards.  I had to take the handguards off so I could install the RVG and a section of polymer rain for a light mount.  When I mounted the VTAC light mount, its canted towards inside of the rifle.  It appears as though the MOE guards do not have a "FLAT" left and ride side if you will which is causing this.  Am I correct on this, or did I mount something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The MOE sides are tapered in a little. I would look at mount-in-slot for light mounting on a MOE.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
According to their documentation, they are 2 and 10 o'clock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just received my spikes 14.5" upper with MOE handguards.  I had to take the handguards off so I could install the RVG and a section of polymer rain for a light mount.  When I mounted the VTAC light mount, its canted towards inside of the rifle.  It appears as though the MOE guards do not have a "FLAT" left and ride side if you will which is causing this.  Am I correct on this, or did I mount something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

As a solution you could modify one of the sections of polymer rail with a belt sander. That's what I did and it works beautifully.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, thanks guys.  I thought I mounted something incorrectly.  I guess I will just have to live with it until I eventually get a rail system.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My VTAC with the MOE & MOE rail piece is flat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have my rail section mounted on the left side across the rear and middle open slot sections.  The VTAC mount is leaning inward.  Can you post a pic of yours?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top