Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 5:51:22 AM EDT
I have gone to a 2-point sling attachment system on my Colt 6920. Front is a Gear Sector QD socket on the KAC rail and the rear is a Noveske QD plate at the back of the lower receiver. I would like to remove the stock front sling attachment, but though it looks like an easy operation I have not been successful. I don't want to damage anything so figured someone here would know the easy way to get this thing off the barrel. See picture for reference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/sonicwrx/M4/IMG_8314-1.jpg

Thanks!

Mitch
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You will notice two roll pins on the right side. Punch these out. Then the sling mount will just pull apart.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I saw the pins, but was trying to compress the assembly and release it without removing them. I'll try your suggestion.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You will notice two roll pins on the right side. Punch these out. Then the sling mount will just pull apart.

Yup, tap the pins out front to back or whatever is easier for you.
Then the bar will be able to be pulled away from the barrel and the sling adapter will fall off.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the hijack, but I'm sure I can get a quick answer here....

How about removing a FSB bottom sling attachment?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry for the hijack, but I'm sure I can get a quick answer here....

How about removing a FSB bottom sling attachment?

Tap it out with a punch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Even though it's peened over?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even though it's peened over?

Yes. All it takes is a few firm taps & the force will overcome the peening.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I removed mine just to relocate it on the opposite side. You only need to remove one pin to get the assembly off. It's much easier to use a oversize larger then needed punch to get it started. Then use the right size punch i believe 3/32. works. Carefull not to marr your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]

ikeed,ikeed...... just being a smartass.... as been said, I have always had to drill the rivet and drive it out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top