Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:05:48 PM EDT
i can get a smith and wesson stripped lower reciever for $89 are they any good, and is that a good price?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They are as good as any other in spec lower. That is a great price.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what i thought the only thing i dont like is the cheesy label they paint on it i wonder if that can be removed without damaging it finnish?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
thats what i thought the only thing i dont like is the cheesy label they paint on it i wonder if that can be removed without damaging it finnish?

The etching cannot be removed without having the lower refinished.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a great price. You may not like the logo. Others will be impressed by it. Not that that really matters.
I'd buy 2 at that price.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a great price I just got one for $135. I got it because it is not marked with a caliber, not even marked multi. I don't know what I am going to build on it so I liked the no markings .
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a great price. I bought one a while ago for much more.  Mine was a little out of spec with the takedown hole distance and like you, I don't care much for the cheesy logo.  I wound up carefully egging out the rear takedown hole just a slight bit to get mine to fit correctly and I 'painted' over the logo with a sharpie.  I would never buy another one for what I paid for it, but at $89 I might go for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Great lower, great price.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]
A lower is a lower, as long as it's in spec. It's nothing special but it's nothing bad either. However right now you can get a Spikes lower for $79.95 (shipped) from Aim, or a Palmetto lower (from Palmetto) for 64.95 shipped. Those are shipped prices and you will have to pay the FFL fee at your end. If yours is $89.00 with the FFL fee included it is a competitive price. Remember, it's just a lower so it's no biggie, go with the logo that bugs you the least, OR the best price, your decision, it really won't matter when you pull the trigger....<><....:)
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#9]
that is a good deal

enjoy your built

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#10]
That actually seems like a too good to be true price. The cheapest I've seen those are $140 + -  Not to throw a scare, but did I read something about some knock off''s going around. Were those the S&W.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
yes the local gun shop has this price a cople times a year 89.99 for smith and wesson mp 15 stripped lower reciever. i think the regular price was $119 witch sounds like a decent price too
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
yes the local gun shop has this price a cople times a year 89.99 for smith and wesson mp 15 stripped lower reciever. i think the regular price was $119 witch sounds like a decent price too

Well then that's a smokin deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top