Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:14:30 AM EDT
Is the trajectory difference that much between 18" to a 20"?  I am planning on running an 18" barrel with rifle length gas system which will have a rifle length sight radius.  If I zeroed the rifle at 50yd will it be on at 200yd as well?  I know that is the case for my 20".
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You are not going to notice the difference between an 18 and a 20 inch barrel at 200 yds.  Their difference in muzzle velocity should only amount to an inch or less (most likely closer to 0.5") in POI at 200 yards with a 50 yard zero.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea in the difference between the standard 25/300 yrd zero?  I am trying to figure out if I can go with the 18" and keep my iron setup I have on my 20".
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any idea in the difference between the standard 25/300 yrd zero? I am trying to figure out if I can go with the 18" and keep my iron setup I have on my 20".

No, you will have to re-zero.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top