Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2011 8:08:24 PM EDT
How is the quality on CMT BCG's?  BCM is out of stock of their BCM BCG's but they have some CMT ones in stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
CMT makes parts for top manufacturers. I would say they are GTG.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask Noveske.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
CMT/Stag parts are all GTG....<><....:)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff, properly staked and all that. I dont know if they pressure test the Stag line or not. But Id assume MPI is done in complete batches.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My CMT bolt from Rainier Arms is just as good as my LMT.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe CMT offers bolts that are "tested" and some that are "not tested". I remember seeing their bolts listed non-MP or  MP for a small upcharge. I believe all steel used is C-9310.
I also believe they are GTG, but all CMT bolts are not equals.
and they did offer semi-auto carriers and auto carriers, dunno if that is still the case.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one and had been using it for several years without problems, but I removed and replaced the factory gas key and screws when it was still new before I used it.

What the other members said was correct the CMT comes in two grades, the lower price ones are not MPI tested and the higher priced are tested, with the info I got before I bought mine they're all batch high pressure tested, they're also comes in two versions semi auto and full auto carriers.

Mine have the not the usual stakes on the carrier key screws, seems like someone just put a chisel on top of the carrier key screws and hit it with a hammer.

I don't prefer that type of staking so I replaced it with a new BCM gas key and screws, when I removed the original key screws they didn't even have any resistance, like they just installed them without any torque, their improper stake job didn't even have any kind of resistance when I removed the screws.

I'm not sure if their current production's staking have improved, maybe some members would chime in here about it, if they improved their staking then they should be fine.

Maybe look at getting something else like LMT, Spikes, Daniel Defense, LaRue, Thunderbolt by GTS/ Rainier Arms, or just wait until the BCM is back in stock, you could have Bravo Co. send you an e-mail when they're available.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
AIM has Daniel Defense BCG for $129 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Heres the way Stag/CMT is staking today. The one on the top beside two other brands that are all the rage lately. Pretty much the same job if you ask me.

Id have no problem running one of them if the price was right. Its just hard to pass up Spikes and BCM for 140 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AIM has Daniel Defense BCG for $129 shipped.

sold out!

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
CMT is a 100% mil spec BCG
So is BCM, your are good to go with either.
Noveske uses CMT  BCG's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
DSG has Daniel Defense BCGs in stock right now, and you won't find a better BCG anywhere, or a better place to do business with. Click Here
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a CMT BCG with 20,000 rounds on it and its still going strong.....HPT/MP or not, I don't know nor do I care; the proof is in the shooting.  CMT stuff is good to go, and fairly priced.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Noveske uses CMT  BCG's.

CMT makes an excellent BCG, however, technically they are not 100% mil-spec by definition or manufacture. I've not had any trouble from the one CMT bcg that I own.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Noveske uses CMT  BCG's.

yea, noveske also sold me a defective CMT 6.8 bolt and told me to dremel it...

For me, Stag/CMT quality has been hit or miss. I have 4 or 5 LPK with no issues, 1 or 2 others with issues. I've had problems with Stag/CMT lowers and uppers fitting properly. the only charging handle i've ever broken was a CMT.

as for bolts/carriers, i had the 6.8 SPC bolt that shipped with a defective 5.56 extractor. I had bolt/barrel extension combo (all Stag/CMT) that had to "wear in" to fit with one another. First CMT BCG i ever owned had a defective gas key that wouldn't fit over a gas tube.

YMMV
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top