Quoted:
ok i need help with 2 models of spike

1st, ST-15 M4 LE Carbine
2nd, ST-15 Mid-Length LE Carbine

whats the differance between the 2?
whats the better one of both?

one is a carbine length gas system with a carbine length HG
the other is  a mid length gas system with a mid length HG

alot of people say the  middy is a little smoother but it rly wont make a huge diff just get what you prefer, if ur going for the M4 look get the M4LE its all up to you, i have the M4LE and lov eit
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
so the middy has a longer hg and the front sight is out farther?

thats it?

i dont know thats why im asking
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a photo of a carbine system (the rifle on top) and a Mid length system (the rifle of bottom).
Both these rifles have 16 inch barrels.
The difference mainly is the front sight sits out further and the front hand rail is longer on a mid length.
IMHO they both shoot the same. But I prefer the mid length when it comes time to carry a personal defense AR15.
I might add also that both these uppers were mfg by Spikes. I did change the Handguard out on the Carbine system to a Yankee Hill Handguard, I left the Mid length alone it it is just the way it came from Spikes except I did add a vertical grip and flashlights also to both.

Top Rifle in Picture Carbine Length Link Here
Bottom Rifle in Picture Link Here (Mid Length)

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/AR15%20Stuff/DSCN1161.jpg
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both and the mid length is the way to go. You won't be sorry!! I would also get their new SAR, it is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a mid-legnth.. Spikes wont let you down
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
They will recoil about the same with the spikes brand since they seem to gas them right per barrel.

I have the M4, Middy, and Middy LW shorty and they are all very smooth and reliable shooters.

The middy's are nice because of the room of the hand guard and sight radius.

Go with what you like or collect all three.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got both the middy and the carbine. I prefer my middy slightly over the carbine. I've got a BAR on my middy, love it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know the turnaround time for a Spike's right now?  If my AK sells soon I'll be looking to get one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered mine a couple months ago and it took about 3 1/2 weeks to come in. They also have a 5% MIL/LEO discount if you qualify for it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my middy, even though I haven't shot it since like November.

If you already have a lower, you could see if AIMSurplus has a middy in stock to attach to it. That's what I did.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
HELLO.New to the site.My name is Josh.Nice to meet everyone.I saw the question on spikes ,so i thought i would reply here.I'm getting ready to buy my 1st AR.And have narrowed my choices down to;                            spikes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 spikes or                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        spikes .LOL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Have i made the right choice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#12]
i just ordered a middy rifle.

be prepaired to wait for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes Josh, you have done well.
I sure wish my first AR was a Spikes, or even one of equal quality. You will be very happy.
Stock up on ammo and PMags now!!!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I have heard you can get 5% off from spikes with the arfcom code. But how does that work?
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have heard you can get 5% off from spikes with the arfcom code. But how does that work?

I think at checkout their is a section or should I say field that ask for a coupon code.
Just type in the magic word of the day and get that % discount.
I'm sure there is another magic word to get a law enforcement discount or dealer discount.

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey,thanks rockyriver.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#17]
2 nice spikes deerchoper.  The top one in your picture is the one i want. I think it will be worth the wait...
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
2 nice spikes deerchoper.  The top one in your picture is the one i want. I think it will be worth the wait...

those are not mine, i just ordered mine so the wait is on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Josh...also consider Spikes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#20]
HEY, i'll think about them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have 4
a middy
a 9mm
an ST 22
and one I slap different uppers on, currently a 2nd ST 22 but may become a Beowolf or a 6.8
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:51:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone know the turnaround time for a Spike's right now?  If my AK sells soon I'll be looking to get one.

I ordered mine through LGS 2 weeks ago tomorrow.  They estimated 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#23]
when i ordered mine the ffl dealer asked for a realistic time frame, they told him 6-8 wks.

i hope it isnt so but what can ya do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just type "arfcom" when asked for the promo code.  5% off.  There may be others for LEO / Military, but I know this one works......repeatedly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered mine yesterday.The web site says 4 to 6 weeks. No exact time from them yet. But any wait is going to seem like forever. I ordered the carbine with the color added and the american flag engraved on the side. And samsons rear site added. Using the ARFCOM code cost with shipping was a few cents under 803!!!!! I thought that was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:15:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Ordered mine yesterday, will be picking up it in the store (no shipping charges), but paid $52.18 in taxes  Looking forward to a nice ride from Tampa, to Apopka.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top