Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2011 7:16:42 AM EDT
Hey Guys-
Has anyone tried the Spikes tactical trigger , claimed to be 5 lb  single stage ??
May be better than a Bushy stock trigger?
Thanks
John
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Hey! This is a common question.  Try the search feature for more in-depth discussion.

It is an improvement over pretty much any small parts kit trigger.  Though, not enough of an improvement unless there is something specifically wrong with your current trigger.  I can't speak as to what it breaks at, but it is does not seem to be any more or less than any other USGI trigger.  The improvement is in the feel of the pull.  Smoother, less creep, cleaner break.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 of the spikes triggers. I don't have trigger pull weight gauge, but hanging my 6lb unloaded rifle by nthe trigger will set it off. Plus, as the above poster stated, it is way smoother than any of the factory triggers I've ever had. It does take a little time for it to break in, but when it does, I felt it was worth the money. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Waiting on mine, ordered 3/3 shipped 3/4.

Along with a stock wrench, a grip some jp reduced power springs for my other control group and a st-t2 buffer...
WORSE than xmas.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got two, and while they're definitely an improvement in terms of being crisp, they
set my trigger gauge off at around 8 lbs. I'm going to try adding the light weight JP springs to see if it helps.

By the way, when doing a "search" for this trigger, this was the only thread that came up.
Someday ,I'd like to see people answer a tech thread without giving the OP grief about his
lack of search ability. The archives were completely useless.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
J.P Springs and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I think they are over 5lbs as well.  They feel better than most stock triggers and are only slightly more.  I polished the contact points and used lighter (TTI ?) springs on mine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Spikes Battle Trigger....pretty underwhelmed by it to be honest.  About average as far as stock triggers go; about a 6-6.5lb break, some takeup and creep, but fairly smooth.  Would not buy another one.

A much better bet is the LWRC trigger - same 6lb pull weight....but absolutely no trigger takeup and breaks consistently, crisp and clean.  By far and away the best stock AR trigger I have tried out of 10+ triggers.  But - it is more expensive, only worth buying if you are in the market for a full LPK, IMO - LWRC do a nice one - still fairly pricey but high quality parts and does include the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought the battle trigger.. it's a fine trigger, a step up from the kit triggers I've had.

Gun isn't handy, but I don't recall any takeup. It had a fair amount of creep.

Not in the same ballpark as Geiselle, but a nice upgrade if you don't want anything fancy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
By the way, when doing a "search" for this trigger, this was the only thread that came up.
Someday ,I'd like to see people answer a tech thread without giving the OP grief about his
lack of search ability

That's good stuff right there. http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/Looseman/RC%20Stuff/Threads/smilethumb.gif

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top