Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2011 5:11:32 PM EDT
had thought that Bushmaster was all mil. spec.. I read on another post where someone stated they were commericial. The reason I need to know is I have a Bushmaster complete lower with a fixed stock but want to order a Magpul collapsible. Do I need to order the commericial or mil. spec. stock? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have to change the buffer tube, spring and buffer.Either one will fit, they both have the same threads. I would order mil-spec because there are more stock choices.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
had thought that Bushmaster was all mil. spec.. I read on another post where someone stated they were commericial. The reason I need to know is I have a Bushmaster complete lower with a fixed stock but want to order a Magpul collapsible. Do I need to order the commericial or mil. spec. stock? Thanks

i would just change the receiver extension with the stock, spikes has some packages with magpul stocks, tubes, buffer springs and their ST-T2 buffer.

Mil-spec tube: 1.15"
Commercial: 1.17"
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
commercial. go UBR you'll like it better anyway.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to measure the buffer tube / receiver extension.

Look here:
http://cdn.magpul.com/downloads/Receiver_Extension_Comparison.pdf

FYI- My stock Bushmaster came with a commercial tube.

-Dan
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
He stated he has a fixed stock, which means he will have to change out the tube, so might as well go mil-spec.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't put too much credit in some company claiming they are mil spec––many say they are. It's things like your stock issue that make me laugh about mil spec claims. Even if you neglected the auto or burst issue, few manufacturers even make a gun comperable to mil spec.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You will have to change the buffer tube, spring and buffer.Either one will fit, they both have the same threads. I would order mil-spec because there are more stock choices.

First post nails it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
How difficult is it to change out the buffer tube?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
not difficult at all (except for those pesky little springs and detents). there's plenty of info on this site as well as others. brownells might even have videos... only thing is.. you're going to have to get a castle nut wrench. If you plan on doing any builds or bbl changing, you might just want to get an Armorer's Tool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Safety glasses (or better yet, goggles) are a MUST when changing a stock! The first time I unscrewed a receiver extension, the buffer retainer shot past my head and ricocheted off the ceiling. I even made a point to restrain it so it wouldn't fly, but my fingers were slippery and it took off anyways.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Safty point noted. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#13]
When in doubt, buy BCM.

ETA: when pertaining to receiver extensions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a BCM upper receiver group Monday, I'm sure it will be delayed due to the weather now, but it went out the same day. Good company. I bought this lower not long after the Ban went into effect. At the time late 90's, " I think ". I don't think there were as many companies then as there are now. At least that I new about. I even purchased 20 USA Mags so I would have them, and then found out at a gun show a few weeks ago that they went out of business. I thought Bushmaster was the top of the line at the time.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top