Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2011 1:53:27 PM EDT
Buddy of mine build a new AR and took it to the range.  he was telling me his brass would hit off a triangle piece after it ejects.  I thought he meant the forward assist, but no, it wasnt.  http://www.cncguns.com/images/ar15_drawing_a3upper2.jpg shows a cad drawing with the piece in question.  it's the part between the ejection port and the FA area.  what is that piece for?

thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's called a "brass deflector".
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep ––- I have several Ar's  ––––-   my old Colt M-16 604 "tribute" rifle with a slick sided upper, as well as my modern DPMS Sportical (also slick sided) both throw the brass 10' to the right and back.
  everything else with a brass deflector puts the brass 6' to the right and front

Why the need?  I dont know –––– maybe to help lefties out a little bit
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
so it really is a brass deflector
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah... google could have told you that... or hell, a book about firearms, or an instruction manual...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so it really is a brass deflector

Isn't it obvious?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
yes, that is supposed to happen.  Its sole purpose is so the brass hits it and goes foreward

on a positive note, you may be the first person to ever ask that
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
on a positive note, you may be the first person to ever ask that

apparently i google wrong or the search function on ARF doesn't work right.

i just wish i could be as smart as some people...
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all good OP.  If you don't ask questions, you won't learn. Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Join date of 2008 and you didn't know what a brass deflector was?  At least you came to ARFCOM, the source of all information worth knowing, to find out.    
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Tough crowd...  
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:29:51 AM EDT
[#11]
When I first got into AR's I knew nothing.  

After u shoot a few rounds, youll get a cool little gold stripe on your deflector
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top