Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:31:33 PM EDT
Wondering where I can find a narrower front sight post for my Bushmaster A3.  Does anyone make various widths so you can try to match the front sight width to the width of the black on the target when shooting HP?

thanks,

david
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
search national match front post on Brownells
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster has several widths
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, thank you for the reply.  Their National Match sight post is 0.050", the same as the one on my rifle.  I see Brownell's has a "pack" of sight posts from KNS PRECISION, INC. that includes a sight post with a small top (square) but I don't know if it would pass muster for a DCM leg match...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see on the Bushmaster web site where there are different width front sight posts.  I only see the one for A3's and the one for A2's and neither state the width.  I assume they are the same as the one on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm..
BM lists .052" and .062",  RRA lists .050", if you want something other you could contact CLE.  
You might get more info. here
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=9&f=14
Standard BM is .068"
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, a friend of mine took me over there for an introduction when I was in Florida last May.  I figured Frank could make any width I asked for.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
You can also chuck it up (the threaded portion) in a drill press and put a fine, flat file on it and turn it down to whatever width you want.  I have done that a number of times with good results.  But if you are already at .050, its going to get too thin and un-useable pretty quick (at least for my eyes).
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The square front posts with a .050"/.052" width are almost exactly the same width as the bullseye. Now that I'm older I can't focus on that small a post. Older eyes are helped buy using a .060"+/- front post. They are pretty cheap, buy two and see which one works the best for you.

WOA usually has them in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top