Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:30:36 PM EDT
Hello all!
First, let me say that registering for this forum is HARD lol... man I had to use my .edu email to get on
I guess is good and bad...
This is my very first post, my very first AR15 build from parts... I placed the order from my local gun store and waiting for my new little baby
Here is a list of the parts, maybe someone can point out to me if i am doing ok or not

Complete Spike Lower
Spike's Tactical 16" M4 LE Upper w/9" BAR Rail      <–––– wished they had it in middy vers... and is it free float?
Magpul Flip up Rear and Front
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul AFG
Magpul 20rds mags
Badger Tactical Charging Handle Latch Gen 2
Eotech XPS2 Holosight with Magnification
and.... Really tempted by the 37mm from spike's

Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good! Except I'd get BCM CH over Badger and 30 rd mags
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Looks good! Except I'd get BCM CH over Badger and 30 rd mags

yep...

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Great lets change it then BMC it is!
I really dont like the 30 rds... its long and gets in the way!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great lets change it then BMC it is!
I really dont like the 30 rds... its long and gets in the way!

It's BCM and they are great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn't you want the EXPS as that will cowitness?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I just built my first AR and I LOVED the whole experience (except waiting on shipping of course)...

I was just wondering why you didn't go with a middy?  I was told that Spikes will give you pretty much whatever you want if you call and talk to them in person.  Also, here is a link to a complete upper in mid length... I guess you would have to buy the rails system and install it yourself.  It's not all that hard.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU5035MOE&name=Spikes+Tactical+Mid-Length+5.56%2f.223+Upper&search=upper

BTW, even though it says they are OUT OF STOCK, they are just waiting on the handguards from Magpul.  They will sell the upper minus the MOE handguard for $469 SHIPPED!!!  That's a lot of gun for the price IMHO.

Make sure you post up pics whenever you finish it
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to get the Mid length gas system... BUT there is not an upper without the front sight tower.
the whole reason went with this one:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-16-m4-le-upper-w9-bar-rail-556-p-477.html?zenid=ad3aea8376aa8f5a9190e5127b46c20a

1. doesn't have the front sight tower
2. comes with rail already (and its spike rail, i am cooky i like things to match)

But what I would really want is the Mid gas syst without the tower and comes with the rails....

=(

Can i get this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wouldn't you want the EXPS as that will cowitness?

???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top