Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2011 6:41:18 PM EDT
Bushmaster is making a gun in 7.62x39.  Some companies, I think, have remachined a 223 bolt to open it up to accept this cartridge.  I don't think that that worked very well.  Did Bushmaster made a fundamentally different bolt for this gun?

Could one buy a Bushmaster 7.62x39 upper and put it on the new S&W M&P 15 Sport?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bushmaster is making a gun in 7.62x39.  Some companies, I think, have remachined a 223 bolt to open it up to accept this cartridge.  I don't think that that worked very well.  Did Bushmaster made a fundamentally different bolt for this gun?

I don't know what Bushmaster did for a bolt. With my Bushmaster 7.62x39 barrel I use an LMT bolt with a Model 1 7.62x39 firing pin. AR Performance makes a redesigned 7.62x39 bolt that works with a standard firing pin.

LMT bolt:

Model 1 7.62x39 firing pin on top:

Could one buy a Bushmaster 7.62x39 upper and put it on the new S&W M&P 15 Sport?

The Bushmaster upper should work on any standard AR-15 lower.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't kept up on the 7.62X39 market, but I think all manufacturers that offer a 7.62X39 offering do so with a re machined bolt, which can have obvious problems.

The majority of 7.62X39 uppers offered by various companies will mate to a standard AR15 lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top