Page / 1178
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

that thing needs an LT-104 and paint !

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than "C AF" and Armalite, have any other forge codes been seen on a late Mod 0?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

that thing needs an LT-104 and paint !

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thats what I started it off of but I'll never run an lt-104. I'd like to move to an atacr some day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
So, I’m trying to decide here, I have a original deployment case and the Crane sticker is or has seen far better days. I’m wondering should I leave it as is or replace it with the reproduction I have combing?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
So, I'm trying to decide here, I have a original deployment case and the Crane sticker is or has seen far better days. I'm wondering should I leave it as is or replace it with the reproduction I have combing?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/8A3A71F7-D8EC-465F-A179-BA3143F20FC7-2244066.jpg
View Quote
Leave it as is.  That's history right there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
View All Quotes
So, I'm trying to decide here, I have a original deployment case and the Crane sticker is or has seen far better days. I'm wondering should I leave it as is or replace it with the reproduction I have combing?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/8A3A71F7-D8EC-465F-A179-BA3143F20FC7-2244066.jpg

100% This!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
A few more, I feel like selling it and focusing all my efforts on the reproduction one I’m dining with Ringers foam,, cleaning rod, bore guide and document's. I have another case I stole the info and then at least I could match the serial numbers and I have the pictures of the original to position and mark correctly.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
@ringer706
Did copies of these stickers get made?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Other than "C AF" and Armalite, have any other forge codes been seen on a late Mod 0?
View Quote

All I’ve seen on late Mod 0s have been C AF and Diemaco splintered A, although an ArmaLite wouldn’t surprise me given their use with the others.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:41:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#11]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

All I’ve seen on late Mod 0s have been C AF and Diemaco splintered A, although an ArmaLite wouldn’t surprise me given their use with the others.
View All Quotes

I did a Diemaco keyhole on my late MOD0. I screwed up though as after I redid it with the Diemaco I came across a NOS raised C AF that was grey verse the newer black, it was marked M4 and had feed ramps but I wasn’t going to tear it down again so now it’s on a s Block 2 that I am turning into a early Block 2.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]

I did a Diemaco keyhole on my late MOD0. I screwed up though as after I redid it with the Diemaco I came across a NOS raised C AF that was grey verse the newer black, it was marked M4 and had feed ramps but I wasn't going to tear it down again so now it's on a s Block 2 that I am turning into a early Block 2.
View All Quotes

All I've seen on late Mod 0s have been C AF and Diemaco splintered A, although an ArmaLite wouldn't surprise me given their use with the others.

I did a Diemaco keyhole on my late MOD0. I screwed up though as after I redid it with the Diemaco I came across a NOS raised C AF that was grey verse the newer black, it was marked M4 and had feed ramps but I wasn't going to tear it down again so now it's on a s Block 2 that I am turning into a early Block 2.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:34:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#13]
@ringer706
Did copies of these stickers get made?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/132FADD9-0B67-4D69-8015-B652A6840B62-2244169.jpg
View Quote

Negative, so far the only sticker I've made is the same SPR case label that SamsonDogg originally did a while back. I have plans to do the later Mod 0 and Mod 1 case labels when I can get around to it, but I've been up to my eyeballs gluing up foam and filling the rest of the orders I've gotten. And then there's the batch of 5 surplus Mk12 cases I've been working on, and the Mk13 kits.

By the way, just shy of 50 cases have been shipped from the pre-order. Dropped off a lot of them today at UPS so check your tracking info in the morning and it should give you an ETA. Just 18 left to assemble and pack and then I'm totally caught up. I'm getting tested in the morning for the big 'rona though so this week may be slow. Either way, should be all caught up within a week or so. There's still about 15-20 cases available if anyone's still on the fence.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

@Tactical_Bucket that's a Smith Enterprise Vortex Ops Inc thread protector
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

@Tactical_Bucket that's a Smith Enterprise Vortex Ops Inc thread protector

That's it thank you!

As for the ballisticards Lou from Ballistcard Systems finally got back to me and offered these, here's his email to me:
Here’s pics of the two models I have. One is in meters and the other in yds.
Price is $23.95 each includes duplicate back-up card plus $2.50 H&S. The $2.50 covers postage for 1 set or multiple sets if you want to order more than 1 model.
I also have some cards for 308/175 and 308/168 for Federal, Black Hills and I also have for the Military 308/175 M-118 LR ammo.
Thanks, Lou Schwiebert / Ballisticards

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I asked him if there's any way for him to make a branded dead accurate version and I did not get any response. He sent his phone number which I've removed for obvious reasons, Ill see if I can text him and get a response.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey you made it farther than I did. I tried reaching Lou but spoke with US tactical supply who said that the cards were in the works to be remade.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Can I get some help locating an A2 stock sling adapter from specter. I feel like an idiot, either it's there on the site and I am or it's not and I need guidance on how to snag one. Any other options out there worth ashit? I see BFG has a couple.. idk if they look that great though
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#17]
It is no longer at the site, it used to be there in the sling accessories, my recon sling came with it, Recon M16 front swivel model.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:06:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#18]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

Negative, so far the only sticker I've made is the same SPR case label that SamsonDogg originally did a while back. I have plans to do the later Mod 0 and Mod 1 case labels when I can get around to it, but I've been up to my eyeballs gluing up foam and filling the rest of the orders I've gotten. And then there's the batch of 5 surplus Mk12 cases I've been working on, and the Mk13 kits.

By the way, just shy of 50 cases have been shipped from the pre-order. Dropped off a lot of them today at UPS so check your tracking info in the morning and it should give you an ETA. Just 18 left to assemble and pack and then I'm totally caught up. I'm getting tested in the morning for the big 'rona though so this week may be slow. Either way, should be all caught up within a week or so. There's still about 15-20 cases available if anyone's still on the fence.
View Quote

Are you saying you have deployment cases for sale? I'll admit I haven't regularly followed this thread until now.

@ringer706
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Thats what I started it off of but I'll never run an lt-104. I'd like to move to an atacr some day.
View Quote
GOOD. lt-104 was THE WORST unimount ive ever used. id take a burris peper over that pos flexi disaster
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
GOOD. lt-104 was THE WORST unimount ive ever used. id take a burris peper over that pos flexi disaster
View All Quotes

No doubt plus I hate vertically split rings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
Can I get some help locating an A2 stock sling adapter from specter. I feel like an idiot, either it's there on the site and I am or it's not and I need guidance on how to snag one. Any other options out there worth ashit? I see BFG has a couple.. idk if they look that great though
View Quote

What color you after?  I have a spare ODG one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

I must have missed this…any info on why they are so bad?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:

View All Quotes

Generally a thin flimsy design and also vertically split rings can cause problems with optic internals.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Are you saying you have deployment cases for sale? I'll admit I haven't regularly followed this thread until now.

@ringer706
View Quote

I have a actual deployment case I am thinking about throwing on the EE, but I’m not sure of the value of one? Any ideas? I would also give a heads up here first if I decide to sell. I think I’m going to run the new repro I’m working on thanks to Ringer and all his hard work. This way I can serialize to my my MOD0
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Generally a thin flimsy design and also vertically split rings can cause problems with optic internals.
View All Quotes

Hmmm interesting and good to know. Looks like I have a few more items for the EE
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#26]

That's it thank you!

As for the ballisticards Lou from Ballistcard Systems finally got back to me and offered these, here's his email to me:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image1__1__jpeg-2244528.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image2_jpeg-2244527.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image0__2__jpeg-2244529.JPG

I asked him if there's any way for him to make a branded dead accurate version and I did not get any response. He sent his phone number which I've removed for obvious reasons, Ill see if I can text him and get a response.
View Quote

Does anyone find that the dope on these cards is accurate for their gun?  It's way off for me with an 18" Douglas and IMI 77gr Razorcore, can't imagine BH Mk 262 is significantly slower.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

Does anyone find that the dope on these cards is accurate for their gun?  It's way off for me with an 18" Douglas and IMI 77gr Razorcore, can't imagine BH Mk 262 is significantly slower.
View Quote

Idk for sure about the 3-600 numbers but it’s about spot on for my 77TMK load. 100-250 and 600-1000 yards confirmed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#28]

I have a actual deployment case I am thinking about throwing on the EE, but I’m not sure of the value of one? Any ideas? I would also give a heads up here first if I decide to sell. I think I’m going to run the new repro I’m working on thanks to Ringer and all his hard work. This way I can serialize to my my MOD0
View Quote

I would definitely hang on to it if I was you
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#29]

@ringer706
View Quote

Correct, I was able to find a batch of new/unissued surplus cases made in 2004. I've filled them with a repro 22CF-30 cleaning rod, repro bore guide, NOS TAS-1 sling with the original buttstock adapter, a new (unfortunately couldn't find old style) Uncle Mike's sling swivel, 3x 20rd Surefeed magazines, a surplus/issued Harris BRM-S, surplus/issued KAC grip, a surplus/issued tan Otis cleaning kit (NSN 1005-01-448-8513), mildot master and a hang tag/manual/log book. Only thing missing is the ballistic card (which I haven't been able to source) and of course a rifle.

They're not available yet but will be released next Sunday at 5p CST.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I'm just a lurker on this thread...but yeah...this is the first time I'm hearing anything negative about the LT-104 other than it can scratch your finish off the upper. Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By minion42:

I'm just a lurker on this thread...but yeah...this is the first time I'm hearing anything negative about the LT-104 other than it can scratch your finish off the upper. Interesting.
View Quote

Same boat. I don’t have one but can you explain the flimsy part vs other mounts? Better recommendations? Is the picture w/ the Larue mount a military guy or Larper?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#32]

That's it thank you!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image1__1__jpeg-2244528.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image2_jpeg-2244527.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/image0__2__jpeg-2244529.JPG

View Quote

Can we just call them up or email or how would I go about jumping onto this?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Exciting times

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#34]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Exciting times

https://i.imgur.com/WdcWUYB.png
View Quote

Cool.  Is that laser etched instead of rollmarked?

Got new contacts today and can't see shit

I'm in either way if the price is right.  Def gonna take a closer look when I can actually see.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

I'm in either way if the price is right.  Def gonna take a closer look when I can actually see.
View All Quotes
Exciting times

Looks too even and crisp to be roll-marked. Though I suppose it would be a very fresh stamp that's still nice and sharp.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Looks too even and crisp to be roll-marked. Though I suppose it would be a very fresh stamp that's still nice and sharp.
View Quote
I asked that question in the thread about the Nodak acquisition in the Retro forum and was told that they weren't going to rollmark because it was so expensive, at least at this point.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Exciting times

That was exactly what spurred my question, but wasn't sure if it was just my vision still adjusting to new prescription or what.  I recall a thread where I believe Mike from Nodak (now CEO of H&R I think) said something about how the tooling would be too expensive to justify it, so that combined with what I'm seeing makes me think laser etched.

As long as they aren't charging a premium price like Intl Mill (Russian Paint), who goes to great lengths to ensure every tiny detail is recreated and you're paying a premium for a crazy high-end reproduction, then I'm sure I'll be a customer.  IE., if price for a stripped lower is similar to or in the ballpark price of a Brownells A1 then I'll def be a customer.  

Pretty cool stuff and will be watching to see what all they come out with.  Maybe a H&R single shot . 410?  LOL. Was given one of those for my 12th birthday, still have it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Been lurking this thread for long enough that I thought I should contribute something. Started this project about a year and a half ago but most of it got done in the last two months. Getting close, just need to swap out the short collar...and start looking for all of the more obscure earlier versions of parts to get it as close as possible.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:

Can we just call them up or email or how would I go about jumping onto this?
View Quote

He's very difficult to get in touch with, I think I'll make sure he knows what we want and then put him in touch with ringer so that he can stock them on his website. So far I got him to respond to one text message where he confirmed he can sell the single column black hills branded ballisticards but when I asked him about also getting the deltamax and appendix d cards he went silent again. I've already got an email drafted to ringer so I'll talk to him in the bg and see what he wants to do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#40]

He's very difficult to get in touch with, I think I'll make sure he knows what we want and then put him in touch with ringer so that he can stock them on his website. So far I got him to respond to one text message where he confirmed he can sell the single column black hills branded ballisticards but when I asked him about also getting the deltamax and appendix d cards he went silent again. I've already got an email drafted to ringer so I'll talk to him in the bg and see what he wants to do.
View Quote

I love this niche community.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Sounds perfect. I’ll be standing by
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#42]
I asked that question in the thread about the Nodak acquisition in the Retro forum and was told that they weren't going to rollmark because it was so expensive, at least at this point.
View All Quotes

Your question must have been the one I saw in that thread.  I remember seeing that.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Svensson:
Been lurking this thread for long enough that I thought I should contribute something. Started this project about a year and a half ago but most of it got done in the last two months. Getting close, just need to swap out the short collar...and start looking for all of the more obscure earlier versions of parts to get it as close as possible.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51829674539_9ed3c03a32_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51829333956_68f82a30dd_b.jpg
View Quote

Hell yea.  Looks great.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for putting these together Ringer. I was happy to find that the big NF fit in there. I have an x24 in the safe but haven't been able to give up the x50.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks great, I picked up mines and I love it, have the same set up but with the 3.5-10x40 m3 and Kac mount and fit is perfect, Thanks Ringer finally someone got it right.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#46]
Originally Posted By DBrock07:
Thanks for putting these together Ringer. I was happy to find that the big NF fit in there. I have an x24 in the safe but haven't been able to give up the x50.

https://i.imgur.com/NfwyBmq.jpg
View Quote

Looks awesome!! I received my foam today, and I will tell you, I have a original deployment case and Ringers exceptional quality and attention to detail has made my decision to sell it very easy! His foam compared to the original is spot on and is impossible to see the difference, the feel test is your only way. I am beyond impressed and pleased how exceptional these are! The manual, the case sticker and round count booklet look exactly like the originals. I feel like it’s 2004 again. Now for the complaint and it’s not at Ringer, my case is locked in a storage unit here next to my shop and when I went to open it I don’t have the key, now I have to wait until tomorrow to cut the off to gain access. That’s on me though. Did I mention how excellent everything Ringer did? The bore guide, the cleaning rod, the foam, the booklets, the sticker? It’s all amazing and the quality is beyond superb! I am glad I have the original right now so I can duplicate the hand written markings and placement of the case sticker.
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DBrock07:
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words, glad it seems to be working out for everyone! This was a big project, definitely harder to finish than I thought it would've been at first. I'm happy with the end result though, so I'm glad y'all are too.

To anyone else who's pre-ordered a set of foam and hasn't received tracking info... I expect to have the last batch of cases ship out early next week, and then for anyone who's missed the boat so far, there's a dozen or so sets left if you want to get one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Also, I'll try to post pics/instructions of this soon, but I did some experimenting with the new production Uncle Mike's sling swivels, the MIM ones that are silvery looking, not the darker gray like the earlier ones. If anyone wants to darken the color up any, they seemed to take pretty well to cold bluing so if you have a set and you want to give it the old school look, it might be worth a try.  The results can be a little splotchy and you have to make sure to follow the directions on the birchwood casey bottle to the T, but depending on preference, it's something to consider. I was thinking about doing it to the sling swivels I'm putting in the surplus cases but I figure for that I'd let the end user decide.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Same boat. I don’t have one but can you explain the flimsy part vs other mounts? Better recommendations? Is the picture w/ the Larue mount a military guy or Larper?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:

... That's one of the co-founders of KRG, definitely not a "larper". His deployment photos have been posted in here plenty of times before.

I have seen hi-speed video of an LT-104 before, and there's a lot of flexing going on in there. But at the time, it was one of the best options available for getting good eye relief on a flat-top AR upper. I haven't noticed some of the issues I've seen claimed in here with the mounts, nor the Recce rail, but everyone's going to do what they are convinced is right based on their own observations. Meanwhile others are still shooting issued glass in beat up old ARMS rings, on the early SPR guns where the whole setup is basically held in place by the SPR sleeve, and haven't experienced these issues out at 800+.

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a clone thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#50]
My foam gets delivered today, but won't be able to get it till Saturday. The anticipation is getting to me with people starting to post their cases.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top