Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 6:27:28 PM EDT
Doh! Just picked up a lower parts kit from a co worker of mine and I may have a small boo boo.  I believe the hammer is a full auto hammer... it is a bit different looking than my other hammers. It has a little "hook" type shape at the end of it near where it hits the disconnector.  Speaking of the disconnector....anyone have a spare disconnector spring? I think I lost it or it wasn't in the bag o' parts.  Can someone post a pic of a full auto hammer maybe?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=m16+hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
made it hot .....LOL..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]

The m16 version is on the RIGHT

Know that the possession of any
1 machine gun (m16) part without a registered lower is constructive
possession of a machine gun per ATF.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That was a new one for me!  I don't know whether to laugh or be insulted! Haha, but yes, I seem to have an M16 hammer.....and no disconnector spring grrr!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
From the pic its looks easy enough just to cut the little hook off it.........
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Grind off the hook and now you have a nice un-notched hammer
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://www.mapartsinc.com/products/72905122317_072905a%20008.jpg

Know that the possession of any1 machine gun (m16) part without a registered lower is constructivepossession of a machine gun per ATF.

No it's not.  How about an M16 BCG, barrel, upper receiver, stock, flash hider, receiver extension etc., etc.?  Also you can even use a FA selector in a semi lower.  It just makes it safe semi safe, and ATF has no problems with that.  The only thing I would not have would be a FA disco, sear and unmodified hammer.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
If it bothers you, as others have said, you can cut the hook off.  However, an M16 hammer in your FCG is not illegal.  ATF's opinion-o-the-day is not law.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Know that the possession of any1 machine gun (m16) part without a registered lower is constructivepossession of a machine gun per ATF.

No it's not.  How about an M16 BCG, barrel, upper receiver, stock, flash hider, receiver extension etc., etc.?  Also you can even use a FA selector in a semi lower.  It just makes it safe semi safe, and ATF has no problems with that.  The only thing I would not have would be a FA disco, sear and unmodified hammer.

Wouldn't an M16 safety set up a semi-auto AR for hammer follow & possible firing or would that require the trigger/disco as well for it to happen?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#10]
shoot me your adress I have a ton of disco springs I will send you one out tonight if you need it, no charge get your rifle running grind that hook of to be on the safe side and enjoy

Rey Flete
Hill Country Black Rifles
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wouldn't an M16 safety set up a semi-auto AR for hammer follow & possible firing or would that require the trigger/disco as well for it to happen?

Not if the the rest of the FCG are AR-15 spec.  An FA selector with all semi parts means SAFE-SEMI-SAFE.  My roommate runs his guns like this for whatever reason.  I think it's pointless and just one more possible error.  I get to use my store's M16 sometimes, and I was given permission to set it up however I wanted.  So it feels exactly like my SBR lower.  And since I use both depending upon the situation, my SBR has a semi selector so that I never accidentally switch to AUTO only to actually be switching it to SAFE.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top