Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:41:52 AM EDT
from : edit to remove the link... its not my place to post that.

Features:
Noveske N4 Match Upper and Lower Set w/M4 Feed Ramps
Black Hole Weaponry 16" 5 Groove Polygonal Match Barrel w/M4 Feed Ramps
Rock River Arms LPK
RRA 6 Position Stock (Black or OD Green)
M4 Hand Guard (Black or OD Green)
Railed Front Gas Block
LMT Bolt Carrier Group
Hogue Grip (Black or OD Green)
 * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $975.00

Im thinking this rifle is worth about 600 bucks in real value here.... what say you?  

(not counting the "name" value of the noveske stripped upper and lower.  which doesnt mean crap unless you have a noveske barrel IMO.)

ETA..

lets break it down a little...

barrel - 139?  Thats the cheapest price i can find on those barrels in the EE.  On their website they dont even advertise 16" match barrels, not saying that they dont make them specially for these guys.. but they dont advertise them.. at all.
LMT BCG - 130ish
RRA LPK - Im assuming this is not a 2stage trigger set one because its not advertised as such.  so call it 60 bucks.
Noveske upper and lower set- id put a value of this at 250.. and thats even a bit ridiculous that the name is worth that much.  should be more like 120.  

everything else is basic nickel and dime fare.

thats 579 even allowing for the over inflated name value of the noveske stuff.  

ugh.. things like this drive me insane.

btw... im not looking into buying this.. just sharing something i stumbled across
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a cluster of parts.  Have fun tolerance stacking!

Probably should just move on if you don't feel like the deal is good.  No use criticizing it here in this forum.  One person's value equation is different than that of another.

Seems that the noveske receivers are about the best bits on there.  Don't know about the barrel.  Sounds fancy, but that doesn't mean much.  If it was noveske barrel, i'd be more interested if it were me.  The rest of the parts, as you said, are nickle & dime inconsequential, and most here have half that crap lying around anyways.

Sounds like a parts gun made after a few builds with leftover parts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds like a cluster of parts.  Have fun tolerance stacking!

Probably should just move on if you don't feel like the deal is good.  No use criticizing it here in this forum.  One person's value equation is different than that of another.

Seems that the noveske receivers are about the best bits on there.  Don't know about the barrel.  Sounds fancy, but that doesn't mean much.  If it was noveske barrel, i'd be more interested if it were me.  The rest of the parts, as you said, are nickle & dime inconsequential, and most here have half that crap lying around anyways.

Sounds like a parts gun made after a few builds with leftover parts.

Not something i was looking into buying... just stumbled across it and felt like sharing my rage with you guys about crappy people putting together budget builds then price gouging.

Things like this bother the heck out of me and i feel its a step back for the AR community when someone gets suckered into buys like this and then later on realize they were screwed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
it's a hodge podge of parts thrown together, certainly not worth anywhere close to 975 bucks, except in the fantasizing mind of whoever slap it together
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
$775
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it more funny that you get worked up over someone elses stuff enough to post what its value "should be" when you don't have any intention of buying it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:16:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think it more funny that you get worked up over someone elses stuff enough to post what its value "should be" when you don't have any intention of buying it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Meh... as i said, stuff like this bothers me, and it should bother you too.  When people price gouge it hurts the community.  Sorry for being vocal about that
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
YEP.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
It is not price gouging when there are so many other options out there.  This is the beauty of our capitalist society - they are free to price their items however they want.  If they want to price themselves out of the market, fine, nobody will buy their stuff.  Supply and demand - if nobody wants it (demand), the price will have to come down.  Let them charge whatever they want.  They won't be around too long selling this stuff at this price anyway.  Don't have a heart attack because some moron thinks their frankenbuild is the best thing since sliced bread.

ETA - price gouging would be if I had the only water in town and I was charging $30 per gallon.  If there is plenty of water around and I want to charge $30 per gallon, all that will happen is that I will go out of business because nobody is buying my water.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is not price gouging when there are so many other options out there.  This is the beauty of our capitalist society - they are free to price their items however they want.  If they want to price themselves out of the market, fine, nobody will buy their stuff.  Supply and demand - if nobody wants it (demand), the price will have to come down.  Let them charge whatever they want.  They won't be around too long selling this stuff at this price anyway.  Don't have a heart attack because some moron thinks their frankenbuild is the best thing since sliced bread.

I guess the thing that gets me most about this is this comes from a site that my best friend (who is brand new to the AR world) was planning on buying from, and I was helping him decide on his first AR.  And DAILY he was bringing me "deals" from this site.  And DAILY... for weeks... i had to explain to my best friend why this site is ridiculous and he should stay away from them.

Eh... nvm... i think in hindsight i shouldnt have bothered posting this and ill just keep my mouth shut about this... this is quickly turning away from a technical discussion of prices to blahness.

Ill ask a Mod to delete.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#11]
At least you did the right thing by steering your friend away from them.  Friends don't let friends buy crap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Actually the best deals are found on this site; the problem with your friend is ignorance, not ARFCOM.
If he researched the deals he was finding it would be fairly easy to see whats a ripoff. A little guidance from his friends who have the knowledge, like you, who can say "look at these manufactures to be safe" and then cross reference prices using google and the manufacturers website like BCM, Spikes, DD should get him in the right direction. Also remember while yo think these prices are high, this is a flea market more or less. Posted prices are all negotiable. Make an offer and see what sticks. I'm reminded of the guy that has his used Nightforce listed for MSRP when its available new for $200 less from a number of online sources, and all that was needed was an IM/email saying "hey, you've got this listed for X, but I see in new here and here for Y, so I'm offering you Z". Sometimes they'll say yeah, ok, and counter. Other times its some guy that got ripped off and payed to much to begin with and is trying to find a sucker. Takes all kinds I guess, but its the same all over not just ARFCOM. Being informed and researching is the key to any purchase, as well as negotiation.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Actually the best deals are found on this site; the problem with your friend is ignorance, not ARFCOM.
If he researched the deals he was finding it would be fairly easy to see whats a ripoff. A little guidance from his friends who have the knowledge, like you, who can say "look at these manufactures to be safe" and then cross reference prices using google and the manufacturers website like BCM, Spikes, DD should get him in the right direction. Also remember while yo think these prices are high, this is a flea market more or less. Posted prices are all negotiable. Make an offer and see what sticks. I'm reminded of the guy that has his used Nightforce listed for MSRP when its available new for $200 less from a number of online sources, and all that was needed was an IM/email saying "hey, you've got this listed for X, but I see in new here and here for Y, so I'm offering you Z". Sometimes they'll say yeah, ok, and counter. Other times its some guy that got ripped off and payed to much to begin with and is trying to find a sucker. Takes all kinds I guess, but its the same all over not just ARFCOM. Being informed and researching is the key to any purchase, as well as negotiation.

True to all you said.  Only problem is this is a "custom build ar15 website" im getting this listing from, NOT arfcom.  

In the end he finally listened to reason and ended up buying a complete lower off the EE, and the Smartgunner DD upper.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

this is all very true. a couple years ago, people would be lowballing you left and right, now it's the exact opposite, you can't even get people to make an offer...

i have an upper listed and i even said to email me with offers we can make a deal...

nearly 600 views, i had one guy email me about the flash hider (despite being clearly in the ad) and one guy email me for a picture of the entire upper, i never heard from either again...
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#15]
OP request.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top