Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:42:04 PM EDT
I am having trouble with my lever. It fails to hold open after the last round intermittently. When I removed the lever the problem goes away completely. I reinstalled it and it does not contact the lower in any way so I am at a loss as to why it doesn't hold open. It is a newer rifle and it works fine without it. Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem. I love the lever, but it bothers me that it does not hold open. The problem occurs with various magazines so I don't think they are the cause. They are also new mags. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem on a RRA upper. I just took a grinder to the back and took off a bit of material till it worked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure your finger isn't resting on it after the last shot is fired.

Usually the number one problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I am having trouble with my lever. It fails to hold open after the last round intermittently. When I removed the lever the problem goes away completely. I reinstalled it and it does not contact the lower in any way so I am at a loss as to why it doesn't hold open. It is a newer rifle and it works fine without it. Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem. I love the lever, but it bothers me that it does not hold open. The problem occurs with various magazines so I don't think they are the cause. They are also new mags. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PMags?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Dupe
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top