Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 7:46:13 AM EDT
Thinking about getting a stag 2T for my first AR. Would this be a high quality purchase? Are they reliable? I have read the machining tolerances Stag uses are first class.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Very dependable rifle but there are better out there for the same or a little more or less. Stag is a product of CMT.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Stags are generally good to go. They are made by CMT who supplies parts to many other AR vendors. Whether its a good deal or not depends on the price.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Stag was my first rifle, they are great quality. Not the best option out there for the price theyre generally sold at, but nothing wrong with a stag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I had 2 Stags.  Sold the upper on one so now I have a Stag and a half.  Both are/were great rifles, never a issue with either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Stags are good to go. I had one and I regret selling it. However as someone else mentioned, there are some really high quality ARs out there right now at a similar price point. It would be best to shop around IMO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting a stag 2T for my first AR. Would this be a high quality purchase? Are they reliable? I have read the machining tolerances Stag uses are first class.

To me

First Class is Noveske
Then COLT/LMT

I would rate those 3 First class

They been here a little longer and I havent heard any major complaints

Whats your life worth

If the AR isnt for SD /SHTF then it dont matter as much

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stags are generally good to go. They are made by CMT who supplies parts to many other AR vendors. Whether its a good deal or not depends on the price.

LOVE to try out the Newish  LE STAG uppers  

The Stag I got to Handle , looked better than my COLT,2 Bushmasters,1 LMT, 1 HB LMT

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
My Stag 2T has never had any issues.  I'm just now approaching 1000 rounds but so far so good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had zero issues with mine. No regrets here.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Have had a 2T for about  a year now. The only problem, which just happened after some heavy firing a few weeks ago, was the pin walking out of the bottom of the hand guard near the mag well. It seems the detent either wasn't put in correctly or it somehow walked out, which i didn't think was possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I was looking at a Stag for my first AR.  I ended up going with the Spikes ST-15 LE.  I wanted the 1:7 twist, so I could use heavier rounds for HD.  However, Stags are a great gun and if you don't plan to shoot 75 grainers, you should be GTG with the Stag.  The Spikes may also be a little cheaper, and you are getting a better overall gun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a stag, they are great guns.  However, for the same money, you can upgrade to 1/7 twist, 4150 barrel steel, midlength gas system, tested bolt and barrels, etc.  That would by by buying a spikes.  I suggest you do that and save up for a better rail than the samson also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had my Stag for about 5 years now. I've put about 2,000 rounds through it with out a single malfunction. Great rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top