Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:41:47 AM EDT
I just saw an ad at gander mountain for S&W ORCs for $700 after rebates.  This almost a no brainer deal to me and I think I'm going to stop by there tonight and possibly pick one up.

What do you all think about it?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a good deal, but I'd recommend you check out CDNN (cdnnsports.com) as well. They're selling M&P15 ORC's for $600 after rebates...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow that's an even better deal.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]

NO... you'll need $100+ for sights. after you factor that in you can get a Spikes for $799. lots of threads around here why Spikes is the better rifle... and it comes ready to shoot.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Do they happen to have them in 5.45? I've been toying with the idea of buying or building a 5.45 cal AR, but can't understand why a S&W upper in that caliber costs as much as a complete rifle in 5.56.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NO... you'll need $100+ for sights. after you factor that in you can get a Spikes for $799. lots of threads around here why Spikes is the better rifle... and it comes ready to shoot.

What about at $600 at the other place?  Is actually rather not have a fixed front sight so the s&w ORCs would save me some $$ there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I can't tell you the last time I saw any sort of "deal" at gander. I'd say you can find a better price else where.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do they happen to have them in 5.45? I've been toying with the idea of buying or building a 5.45 cal AR, but can't understand why a S&W upper in that caliber costs as much as a complete rifle in 5.56.

YES!

AIM has these available to backorder.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTU4260MLS

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top